High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2159 - My Sons First Rebuild. She Lives!!!

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Porting wasn’t in the contract for the cylinder...... sorry.... that’ll be another small fee. can’t wait to see it ported buddy!!!! Welcome to the forum!!!!!!
Thanks! But the porting won't be for a little while. Once I break in the saw and do some cutting THEN i'll port it:):)

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Austin @ZukiRyder400 great job on your first build and welcome to the OPE family!!! There is a little upgrade your Dad may have forgot about, you can use a 2255 clutch cover on your 2159 and have a better chain tensioner.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once we ran out of things to install he wanted to check compression...it pumped up to 180psi WITH a base gasket! Out comes the solder to check squish. The band in this meteor cylinder is strange, squish at the outer most edge came in at .030, but the squish in toward the edge of the chamber is only .022. I’ve never seen a squish band that got tighter as it goes toward the center of the piston. Weird, hope it’s not indicative of a bad cylinder.

Check out the profile of the crushed solder

View attachment 122768

Squish at edge of cylinder

View attachment 122769

Squish at the edge of the combustion chamber, further toward the center of the piston. Backwards taper???

View attachment 122770

Ive seen that on a few AM cylinders. It’s not ideal. But it’ll run. You can fix it when you port it. [emoji6]

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Austin @ZukiRyder400 great job on your first build and welcome to the OPE family!!! There is a little upgrade your Dad may have forgot about, you can use a 2255 clutch cover on your 2159 and have a better chain tensioner.

I sure did forget about that. We’ll get that upgrade done in the future. Thanks Joe!

Ive seen that on a few AM cylinders. It’s not ideal. But it’ll run. You can fix it when you port it. [emoji6]

I figured it wouldn’t be as good as a flat band. I know “a few” guys I could send it to for fixing when the time comes:)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sure did forget about that. We’ll get that upgrade done in the future. Thanks Joe!

I figured it wouldn’t be as good as a flat band. I know “a few” guys I could send it to for fixing when the time comes:)

Yup, if you think of flow, I see it as having to dive and change direction as it is compressed into chamber, so I would think it’s better flat... but who knows. If you want it cut flat I’d be happy to do that for you.