TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sometimes the hardest thing to do is to walk away, to not speak on something even though you very well can. If what you’re saying isn’t bringing forth fruit/positivity then why say it at all. Personally I find jcs entertaining and I like buckin billy ray, he elicits positivity and is great at what he does. Being an arborist I have learned a lot from buckin. I could have responded to the guys that spoke ill of him on here. But that wouldn’t gain me anything. I’m not going to change someone’s mind. Because who am I to them? If you don’t know me from Adam then why should you listen to me and change your viewpoint on anything? The only way to reach someone is by first learning them and gaining their trust. If you’re wise enough to know what you’re saying isn’t going to yield the results you want then why say it at all? Instead find a way to make your words more meaningful and effective.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think all 462’s have a white one but just incase it is a black you should order a green one because the black is discontinued. Otherwise put white one on for the white.
Also im just assuming it’s a newer 462 so the hold open calibration is right. I’m not 100% but don’t know if any older 462’s did the idle on start position for 90 seconds minimum and then shut off but don’t think so.

Reactions: Lnk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
... New to OPE thread??? what in that thread is in distaste or is disrespectful?
I missed that thread I guess. It was the thread you posted on the right angle handpiece that our members messaged me about that I'm referring to.

You defending some utuber means nothing to me. I don't know the guy, or watch videos about saws.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the difference besides color?
They are made for the certain coils so they play nice. The black solenoid would wear out prematurely from fuel contamination so they came out with the green to replace it because it’s suppose to have a harder seat to not wear out as easily. The orange filter is also to help this along with yearly changes. The white is for the newer versions of mtronic and sometimes works fine in place of black but also gives issues at times so if it has black it’s just easier to use a green if available.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not a saw builder/porter. I’m an arborist. I climb trees everyday and run bad ass chainsaws that I love. I have a mechanical background and as I began building saws I was invited to come here and learn. It’s not what I expected. I expected build threads and guys all about porting numbers and building saws/new theories. With my back ground I want to get in to porting one day but right now I’m fixing my own saws and climbing trees. I’ve been around for some months, talked with quite a few guys here, bought some saws, asked some questions, and am all the better for it. I have not had one single confrontation with anybody in this community like Mr. Fife has. Because when I came here I didn’t get what I thought I would, instead I found a community and chose to patiently work my way into it (and still am). If this forum is a gang/organization/community, whatever word you want to describe it. How can I, being the new guy come in here and push myself on others or create demands expectations. That’s how you get jumped out of a community. All I’m trying to say is that Fife, you have had multiple people speak towards your etiquette and conduct, no one here is welcoming or appreciating your input yet you continue to push at people that have been doing this for decades. No one here has anything to prove, but you do Mr. Fife. Your the new guy and if you want to be a part of this community then it’s time to build and grow with the way this community already exists. Your not going to change/break the mold, no one will let you stick around that long at your current pace. I’m on this forum multiple times a day but I keep my mouth shut, read and see what’s going on. I hope you can learn to do the same or just quit disrupting the peace here. I’ve never seen this kind of disruption in this community until you came around, so the common factor here is you. Either follow the mold or go find a mold you fit in to.

sometimes the hardest thing to do is to walk away, to not speak on something even though you very well can. If what you’re saying isn’t bringing forth fruit/positivity then why say it at all. Personally I find jcs entertaining and I like buckin billy ray, he elicits positivity and is great at what he does. Being an arborist I have learned a lot from buckin. I could have responded to the guys that spoke ill of him on here. But that wouldn’t gain me anything. I’m not going to change someone’s mind. Because who am I to them? If you don’t know me from Adam then why should you listen to me and change your viewpoint on anything? The only way to reach someone is by first learning them and gaining their trust. If you’re wise enough to know what you’re saying isn’t going to yield the results you want then why say it at all? Instead find a way to make your words more meaningful and effective.
These are a couple of damn fine posts.

Thank you sir.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are made for the certain coils so they play nice. The black solenoid would wear out prematurely from fuel contamination so they came out with the green to replace it because it’s suppose to have a harder seat to not wear out as easily. The orange filter is also to help this along with yearly changes. The white is for the newer versions of mtronic and sometimes works fine in place of black but also gives issues at times so if it has black it’s just easier to use a green if available.

A person could not ask for better information....especially for free.

We're lucky to have you sir.

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I missed that thread I guess. It was the thread you posted on the right angle handpiece that our members messaged me about that I'm referring to.

You defending some utuber means nothing to me. I don't know the guy, or watch videos about saws.
No that wasn't the first video. Though i did change the name/title of contra head tool.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think all 462’s have a white one but just incase it is a black you should order a green one because the black is discontinued. Otherwise put white one on for the white.
All 462’s are v3 and never came with a black solenoid

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great info man. This saw is older, I think. I'll check the serial number. The cylinder has the notch if that means anything.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fife...I'll cut through the chase, for prob a lot of folks in here, and give it to ya to where even a fourth grader can comprehend. If you don't get up off the Narcissism 101, Deflection 101, and turning every comment people give you into the ol' car salesman "I'm gonna control this conversation and I'm the one asking questions around here and I expect answers" theory, you ain't seen no dogs chewing on your asss yet...not even remotely!

You're a one hit wonder right now, and justifiably so...because of your own intro into this place. You surely don't think you'll ever convince anyone otherwise...you can't be that dumb when as smart as you are with this saw stuff, and I've read a couple of your threads already and you're a knowledgeable fella with saws and machines to fabricate, etc, etc. You ain't no damn dummy! When it's clear and obvious that it's a 'one against many' game...the many just can't be that damn wrong. You are the single common denominator here, and if drama and attention is your claim to fame, your gonna get it...right out the f'ng door! Re-think the thinking on the approach with folks in here and you'll find it a bit more enjoyable, at least while you're here...and you are the only one on this rock that controls the longevity of that. No different than anyone else in here, several people hold the pull handles to my, yours, and everyone else's ejection seat...and don't forget that.

And no need to respond to my comment here, nor should you even feel the need to get that 'one-upmanship' last comment in like someone walking around with little dick syndrome. Throttle it back and join the shenanigans in here with a helluva group of folks...it's really pretty simple.

And I appreciate your years of US Naval service to this country...hand salute in that department.

Last edited:

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fife...I'll cut through the chase, for prob a lot of folks in here, and give it to ya to where even a fourth grader can comprehend. If you don't get up off the Narcissism 101, Deflection 101, and turning every comment people give you into the ol' car salesman "I'm gonna control this conversation and I'm the one asking questions around here and I expect answers" theory, you ain't seen no dogs chewing on your asss yet...not even remotely!
They can chew. If it ain't justified I'll say my peace. Like I hope most would do. If I am wrong, I'll admit that I'm wrong.
You're a one hit wonder right now, and justifiably so...
some of the best songs are one hit wonders, are they not? ☺️
because of your own intro into this place. You surely don't think you'll ever convince anyone otherwise...you can't be that dumb when as smart as you are with this saw stuff, and I've read a couple of your threads already and you're a knowledgeable fella with saws and machines to fabricate, etc, etc. You ain't no damn dummy!
Can you explain my intro? New to the OPE forum... where in that thread is there distaste? And when and where did my forum etiquette change? Did i openly go out of my way to slander, discredit, or speak negatively towards anyone on this forum before the side comments started? Fair question to ask isnt it?
When it's clear and obvious that it's a 'one against many' game...the many just can't be that damn wrong. You are the single common denominator here, and if attention is your claim to fame, your gonna get it...right out the f'ng door!
I'd say, this is a forum of good-ol' boys... which is nothing wrong with that... some have been here for a long time... like A gee have stated... but, with that also comes the "cult of personality" (another great 1 hit wonder)... in the racing community, we call that follow the leader mentality. Ive asked people when and where my etiquette changed... if they go back and read, its plain as dull saw.
Re-think the thinking on the approach with folks in here and you'll find it a bit more enjoyable, at least while you're here...and you are the only one on this rock that controls the longevity of that. No different than anyone else in here, several people hold the pull handles to my, yours, and everyone else's ejection seat...and don't forget that.
if people want civil discussions and debate, beautiful... if they want to share their knowledge with me, beautiful... in the same aspect im here to show my work, the good the bad and the ugly... but, hopefully i can add to this community with my builds. I understand guys want me gone... And again, if people want to shoot side comments, i'll respond accordingly. And I'll reiterate when did my forum etiquette go from respectful, to defensive to jabs? Its all their to see, especially if one looks from a non bias view point.
someone walking around with little dick syndrome.
I have some x-tra shorts, sweats and towels if they are in-need.
Throttle it back and join the shenanigans in here with a helluva group of folks...it's really pretty simple.
That's all I've been... seriously, a dead horse can only be beaten so much until its fertilizer.
And I appreciate your years of US Naval service to this country...hand salute in that department.
No need to thank me for my service. But, thank you. My initial entry wasn't of the most purest of reasons... it was either 7yrs in jail or 4yrs in the Military... 4 seemed.better than 7... which ironically turned into.just shy of 14... 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for your service... Jarhead. 🤣 (too early?)

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand guys want me gone
I don't. And I am the one who would pull your plug should it get pulled.

I'd rather have you stay and add to the forum. If we don't get new blood, we will die out as an echo chamber.

So....lets move on. Deal?
Jarhead. 🤣 (too early?)
I refer to him as a Jughead.

No...not too soon.