GoldMember
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't need an excuse my friend.

You just keep on being awesome !!!!!

I'd just like to say for the record, that not even one lick said about roofs and bikes here has even a grain of truth in it. Not one.
That's all. I'm done now.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you youngins wanna see the difference btwn a Drill ‘Sergeant’ and a Drill ‘Instructor’, your local Marine Corps Recruiting Station has a one-way, Greyhound bus ticket with your name on it. You’ll either end up at Parris Island, or at San Diego...depends on which side of the big river you reside. And there may be exceptions to the rule nowadays as far as which Boot Camp you can go to, I have no clue. I’d suggest taking the 13-week plunge which now includes a one-week Crucible trek. Back in my day it was 12-weeks, no Crucible week which came about several years after I went the route in ‘86.

Be the best move you ever made...The Title for life is what it is!

San Diego is for the dudes now and Pairs Island is for the chicks. My cousin was giving my uncle *s-word about it after he got back from boot camp years ago.

Last edited:

leadfarmer

Hot Rod !!!
Local time
9:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMO Wade has a right to think for himself, and shouldn't be crucified for doing so. This is a forum, not a "tribe".
Who in their right mind would allow folks to hold charity for them because they need money to re-shingle their house roof but then goes and buy a Harley Davidson? That's *frenched up right there, I dont care who you are."

This.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who in their right mind would allow folks to hold charity for them because they need money to re-shingle their house roof but then goes and buy a Harley Davidson? That's *frenched up right there, I dont care who you are."

This.

I'm in the dark on this, and I hope it ain't what it sounds like.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've adopted a "wait and see" approach to these situations. I've been on the forums longer than most, and was a member of AS before it was even Arboristsite (previously, it was an internet bulletin board, before they had forum software of any kind).

Many years ago, a thread was started about me supposedly sending out a "rebuilt saw" that was not really rebuilt. Some guys got into the thread and rabidly defended me, some others said I was the biggest POS ever. In the end, it turned out that another member sold and send out the saw - a member whom I never had any dealings with or even knew. They lived somewhat in my area but were about three hours away. That experience taught me that there's always a lot more to the story when a thread actually gets created about it. I think the only thing Wade did wrong here was rush in to defend the guy without having the back story, which is no different than rushing to slam a guy without having the back story.
How good is JJ!! Like an ol wise saw owl that's just about seen everything and everyone in the saw game over decades. Saw shops, builders, parts guys, woods or online. Lots of stuff between his ears to do with saws over many generations. Always wisdom in a JJ post.

JohnnyBlade

JUST GONNA SEND IT
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
X2 itold him that myself. Hes is very knowledgeable and eager to share.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How good is JJ!! Like an ol wise saw owl that's just about seen everything and everyone in the saw game over decades. Saw shops, builders, parts guys, woods or online. Lots of stuff between his ears to do with saws over many generations. Always wisdom in a JJ post.

I don't know that I'd go that far, but the bottom line is - we're a bunch of strange people with the strange hobby that is cutting wood (in whatever form). This is a small community and if we're gonna do this thing then
the people that we have in this thing are each other - and we might as well be as good to one another as we possibly can.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your a fine example JJ of how to treat people, always quick to put your hand up when someone is in need of something. You resist picking up the club when presented with a worthy dead horse. Forum etiquette would raise significantly if we all took a leaf out of your book. We are by no means a perfect group, we display our faults all the time...but when push comes to shove around here 'goodness' usually prevails & some of the harder souls show they have good within. It does take strength of character sometimes
to hold back & take the higher ground. I for one wish I was better at it. As for Marshy, he had a bad week said some stuff he probably would change if he could. But for me he didn't lie, cheat or steal and many respected members spoke well of him outside this recent issue. That's enough for me, I hope he sticks around and is given the chance to contribute in the future.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Take a step back, everyone. Take a look at this thing after a breather.

I remain astounded about what grown “men” can argue about.

These threads always do the drain spiral, but like a train wreck you can’t help but look on. Any comment automatically puts you at odds with someone no matter how trivial the comment is (or its basis). But it’s a forum, you know free speech and sharing opinions (and all that crap).

“Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.”

Man up and move on. It’s time. Stay or go, but this is all childish BS IMHO.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You put it out there. I'm asking you.
Scott almost died. After the experience, it seems that Scott had the all too common (and IMHO correct) attitude of “life is too short”. He got a sobering reminder. Then there is a pic of him on a new Harley.

Just like everything else, people formed opinions without having the entire story.

Rinse, lather. Repeat...