Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All that schmutz aside, do you find alot of variations in timing in the 3120 jug? @Mastermind

No sir. They pretty much have never changed from early on till today. Carbs have changed many times, coils too, but the jugs are still the same.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you and Jay doing about this Dom? Who's paying for the parts?
I elected to pay for the parts, so he is just out the labor. Top end for the 572 appears to be right around 300 clams. He insisted on paying for everything, but I am doing well these days.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I elected to pay for the parts, so he is just out the labor. Top end for the 572 appears to be right around 300 clams. He insisted on paying for everything, but I am doing well these days.

I think that is plenty fair for both of you. I'm sure Jay is torn up about it hanging a ring in the first place, but if he takes care of the labor, that's good in my opinion.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think that is plenty fair for both of you. I'm sure Jay is torn up about it hanging a ring in the first place, but if he takes care of the labor, that's good in my opinion.
Yes, he put many hours into that saw trying to make me happy. He was very upset when it hung. He has been an excellent friend and as a customer he has always been very generous to me. Its only right I give him the same, as I know he will make it right and overdeliver once again...with a little more arch on the exhaust roof lol

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What are you doing? Worlds oldest profession?

thanks for sharing the carnage pic. Chip happens mang. I would love to see the old jug cut in half for a inside view.

is it your birthday today? HBD If so

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, he put many hours into that saw trying to make me happy. He was very upset when it hung. He has been an excellent friend and as a customer he has always been very generous to me. Its only right I give him the same, as I know he will make it right and overdeliver once again...with a little more arch on the exhaust roof lol

I usually see the floor of the exhaust port as responsible for hanging a ring. Many times the outside corners wind up just a little low due to trying to get the final finish just so. That in turn leaves the middle high, and then the ring catches.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are you doing? Worlds oldest profession?

thanks for sharing the carnage pic. Chip happens mang. I would love to see the old jug cut in half for a inside view.

is it your birthday today? HBD If so
No, just being paid well to do tree work and be the company mechanic. I dont speak well of myself often but I am multi talented.

Birthday was July 7th!

@Mastermind i can't get a good picture of the roof because naturally I only have my phone to take pictures and I can't cram it in there right...but looking at it, the damage to the roof is significantly worse than the floor which led me to believe the roof was the culprit.

Fvck, I derailed this enough. Sorry buddy.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I derailed this enough. Sorry buddy.

I give no fuks about this thread Dom. Just about yet another group of saws that cross my bench. I haven't been interested in doing build threads in years. But.....I do enjoy talking with the members of this site. I start these thread simply to strike up some conversation.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I give no fuks about this thread Dom. Just about yet another group of saws that cross my bench. I haven't been interested in doing build threads in years. But.....I do enjoy talking with the members of this site. I start these thread simply to strike up some conversation.

I want to say thanks for your contributions. I'm no porter. But I enjoy the illustrated instructions you give. I know you don't have to do it. You contribute to my understanding and I am grateful.