IEL-Pioneer thread

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a suggestion, unfortunately I currently have no idea if the saws the fotos were taken from have had full or half-wrap handles, but I'll have a look when I'll find pictures of other ones.

Sawcrazy

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the hunt for an IEL super twin if anyone knows of one for sale? I realize they’re not cheap. Looking for a complete one

scottspeed95

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would also like to add I'm looking for a Pioneer 3270 or even 14-50. Don't seem to be too common where I'm located in the mid-west.

Thanks

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh she looks pretty nice!!

Any of them have a full wrap? (No big deal if they don't, I think there's one or two handles on ebay if I needed one)

If ya like I can shoot ya a message and we can figure something out sooner or later?

Thanks for the reply!!
I have a 1420 and a 3270sc with full wrap, I haven't decided if I'll part with either yet. The 3270 super may be already pending a trade. I do have a 1450 and 1420, and a 2460 with standard handles as well. IIRC I have another 1420 or 1450 that's in parts but all there.....I think..... ;)

ErnieG

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if this handle off a 4512 cut off saw would work on a p42 ?
Thanks
Ernie
Screenshot_20240129-150311.png

scottspeed95

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 1420 and a 3270sc with full wrap, I haven't decided if I'll part with either yet. The 3270 super may be already pending a trade. I do have a 1450 and 1420, and a 2460 with standard handles as well. IIRC I have another 1420 or 1450 that's in parts but all there.....I think..... ;)
Ahh I gotcha, so were you initially making a response to my post just showing that you have the saws and wanted to show them to me and others or were you offering that particular saw?

Sorry if that came off as rude, just trying to get things straight lol

It doesn't have to be a full wrap saw as all and to be honest I should probably keep this as low budget as I can so it's whatever fits that bill I guess.

Thank you sir!

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh I gotcha, so were you initially making a response to my post just showing that you have the saws and wanted to show them to me and others or were you offering that particular saw?

Sorry if that came off as rude, just trying to get things straight lol

It doesn't have to be a full wrap saw as all and to be honest I should probably keep this as low budget as I can so it's whatever fits that bill I guess.

Thank you sir!
No, not rude at all and my bad for not explaining myself better. At this time I plan to hold on to the two with full wrap handles. The 3270 super and all of the others will be coming with me when I hook up with my buddy. At this point we haven't decided on exactly which saw, or saws he may want in the trade. He lives one state over from me and when he and I meet it's about an hour ride one way for both of us. We haven't set a date yet as to when we'll meet, but once the deal is done, and whatever saws are left will then become available. If you're looking to get one of this series saws right away, I did see a 1420 and a few 1410's currently listed on the bay. I didn't see any of the 32 or 24 series listed at the moment. Sorry for any confusion I caused..... :)

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it was. I'd say the saw was stored somewhere with a lot of spice seeds around, blowing the junk out of the saw smelled like an Indian restaurant, evidently the mice were enjoying the spice too.

Mark

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to replace the chain-sprocket of my Pioneer 650 and I was wondering whether the crankshaft's thread
for the Clutch Driver Nut (Flexloc) is clockwise or counter-clockwise.
Can someone please help me out?

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Success!
The crank's clutchside thread indeed is right handed.

Pulling the clutch with a self-made puller was much easier than expected. It came of the crank with suprising little force neeeded.

kupplung_ziehen.jpg

I had bougth a new .404 chain for the saw and it wouldn't run smoothly over the worn sprocket, so that's the reason why I replaced the sprocket. The old one doesn't look so bad at all but since I had NOS replacement in stock ...

neu_vs_alt.jpg

New clutchdrum with sprocket installed.

fertich.jpg

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Success!
The crank's clutchside thread indeed is right handed.

Pulling the clutch with a self-made puller was much easier than expected. It came of the crank with suprising little force neeeded.

View attachment 407040

I had bougth a new .404 chain for the saw and it wouldn't run smoothly over the worn sprocket, so that's the reason why I replaced the sprocket. The old one doesn't look so bad at all but since I had NOS replacement in stock ...

View attachment 407041

New clutchdrum with sprocket installed.

View attachment 407039
Good to hear, 👍