Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It appears to me the ring on the left is gone. Also last I had heard Tree Monkey didn't have any internet service so it may be best to call him.

That's what I was gonna say. No internet service. His phone number is in his signature line, though. Find any of his posts and you'll have his number.

Scott's a well regarded builder. I'm sure he'll make this right for you.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with the above diagnosis. It looks like some foreign material got in there. I would do just as suggested. Send it to Scott. It had 180# of compression when it left here, so I think a lean siezure would take longer than 4 cuts to make it unusable.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn! That's not a good first ported saw experience. I'm sure it will be made right for you. These things happen at times on stock saws too. It's just one of those things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amen. I'll stand behind him on this one and if anythings my fault I'll make it right, always have always will. I just wish I had cut longer with the saw so that it might have happened with me. Hindsights always 20/20.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everyone wants a treemonkey 066, it's a badass saw built by the legend of badass saws. When all is said, done & fixed you will put this saw into wood and realise the decision to buy the saw was a good one.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully it isn't foreign material in there....but if it's a chunk of ring...then there will be a score mark all the way up that side of the cylinder....in which case a new piston will not help.

I just had a ported saw of mine hang....after at least a year of hard use....and not much oil in the mix lol. Cylinder indeed is shot. :(

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
12:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Difficult to say on pictures, can be ring or bearings, I got lucky once with blasted con rod bearing, rest has been toasted.
Whatever reason behind this scoring I know Scott will fix it, his reputation is 100%.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the OP did a good job here with his attitude in this thread. Perhaps not starting a thread at all would have been better, but even in the title, he's not accusing anyone.

It'd be easy for a guy to be upset in a situation like this, but the OP obviously has a cool head and isn't looking to someone blame.

Like mastermind said, these things happen. I think the OPs attitude is a good step towards a positive resolution.

Metals406

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With the damage centered in the port, looks like a mechanical failure. . . Meaning it caught a ring.

Wish I could say that's never happened to me!

TM is dah man -- this can happen to anyone modifying ports for more go-fast from the angry pixies.