Trader history (0)

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Echo is giving us another one day sale on June 26th.
My son wants a backpack blower in the worst way.
Not sure what the deal is??
He's 15 and doesn't want a couple of saws I've set aside for him but is sure Jonesing for a backpack blower.
Does Echo have a decent one or is that an argument for orange vs orange vs orange? (Stihl vs Husky vs Echo)

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I'll start looking at them.

I've offered him numerous saws over the years. Some were/are gorgeous...(well at least to me).
His consistent answer...
"No dad, I'd really like to have a backpack blower instead. They are really cool."
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh.

PA Plumber

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What saws? I can probably get a blower together for him
Thanks...
All but one have found new homes.
The one he'll likely get stuck with is a metal badged 1997 version 026. It was my first Stihl and bought it new. Has been used a lot but still looks pretty good.
I do have my own secret stash, but that's not up for grabs just yet...

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks...
All but one have found new homes.
The one he'll likely get stuck with is a metal badged 1997 version 026. It was my first Stihl and bought it new. Has been used a lot but still looks pretty good.
I do have my own secret stash, but that's not up for grabs just yet...
Maybe the kids wants a husky :D.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He's 15 and doesn't want a couple of saws I've set aside for him but is sure Jonesing for a backpack blower.
Does Echo have a decent one or is that an argument for orange vs orange vs orange? (Stihl vs Husky vs Echo)
I did a LOT or research before I bought my blower. Echo does make a good blower but I can't remember which model. Husqvarna/ Redmax came out on top in the majority of the tests.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a LOT or research before I bought my blower. Echo does make a good blower but I can't remember which model. Husqvarna/ Redmax came out on top in the majority of the tests.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Tests and everyday real world 2 different things!!

skelator

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

i bought the echo 770t. I’ve had it ten years and it’s been perfect. I haven’t done a damn thing to it except put fuel in it. It’s never given me a hint of trouble. Also when I got it my now step daughter who was 5 at the time ran in front of it and it blew her over haha. So it’s got plenty of power.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I'll start looking at them.

I've offered him numerous saws over the years. Some were/are gorgeous...(well at least to me).
His consistent answer...
"No dad, I'd really like to have a backpack blower instead. They are really cool."
Aaaarrrgggghhhhh.
Bk-pack blowers are well...kinda cool. You'll have a well swept drive and yard if you get him one and he can't hurt himself to bad with an air pusher. While I hate the 4-mix Stihl backpacks, they are often dirt cheap used on eBay if you wanted to save a few bux. All forums recommendations will be for the big high spec 70-80cc units but if he's a young kid a smaller 30-50cc unit may he the better choice. Even the smaller cc units gets the job done much better than a h/held. Be easier to start too.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why does a teenager want a blower?
I may just have to try this one day.
{aint been that liquored up in many years though!}

Blower while sitting in a chair.

But IF I lived on a flat street, I'd have already built the twin/multi backpack hovercraft.
Shoot, I've got enough blowers to build it with twin pushers. sad confession, I know.

Last edited: