Trader history (0)

skelator

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a modded 346 and 262 so it’s kinda redundant but I haven’t done a side by side comparison. It does seem to cut really well though.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve ran a few 362 non m tronic and currently run a 572. I like my 572 but that little weight difference made the 562 feel better in my hand. I’ve got a 390-395-3120 which you really can’t compare but overall the 562 suits me well when doing firewood. And after four years I’m still on the original Air filter I just blow it out every now and then but man they sure do breath real well it still looks new. And for the crap I’m going to catch I’ve ran it with e free Sunoco and amsoil saber at 80:1 since new Not one issue yet.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve ran a few 362 non m tronic and currently run a 572. I like my 572 but that little weight difference made the 562 feel better in my hand. I’ve got a 390-395-3120 which you really can’t compare but overall the 562 suits me well when doing firewood. And after four years I’m still on the original Air filter I just blow it out every now and then but man they sure do breath real well it still looks new. And for the crap I’m going to catch I’ve ran it with e free Sunoco and amsoil saber at 80:1 since new Not one issue yet.
Just curious, why 80:1? That's less oil than 50:1

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting. Good on you.
BUT maybe you should try a Stihl 462? About the same weight "approximately" and more power.
Just to get some fair and accurate comparisons.
And for the minimal cost of oil, I'd never go lower than 50:1 on any oil. Just me.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cost isnt the issue on oil to me I’ve always trusted amsoil they actually rate it at 100:1. But after pulling the muffler it was really nice to to see a clean not guked up carbon party on the exhaust port. Also I’ve had a few 462 little Leary about the smaller crank vs the 572 who knows. And if you pay attention it sure looks like they copied the design of the 562 lol. It may be fine but over the years I’ve just began to really like husky and with this sell a 572 for 750 is hard to pass for a 462 imo. 572 is heavier but it also has a bigger crank I’ll take that over weight even though I just said the 562 weight is awesome in the hand lol.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for the oil I was a little leary as well and kind of consider this saw as my test dummy and it’s yet to fail.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now my ported 395 I’m getting from randy I’ll run what he wants me to mix wise. I may change my mind about it but this saw has paid for itself so if it blows soon I’ll change the mix but if she goes strong for a long time I’ll keep running 80:1. I also run it in all my lawn equipment and no issues as well, as for winter storage I don’t do anything as saber has a built in stabilizer and in the spring all my weedeaters blowers fire right up.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
80:1 in a ported 90cc saw?.... o_O hell I wouldn’t run that in anything. I would never buy something that was run on it either.

Last edited:

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
80:1 in a ported 90cc saw?.... o_O hell I wouldn’t run that in anything. I would never buy something that was run on it either.
I’m not going to run it in a ported saw I’ll run what randy recommends but I’ll keep running it in my 562 and report back if or whenever it may fail.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send that 562 out to him to get ported. Wake it up! Lol

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send that 562 out to him to get ported. Wake it up! Lol
I would but like I said I wanna keep running it as is and just to see if amsoil is really on to something. I just remember my dad saying oh you want lots of oil for lubrication when in testing the theory oil actually burns hotter than gas so therefore I think more oil could be harder on the top end. Gas helps cool the cylinder not the crank, so more oil you would think makes a hotter top. You need oil yes for the crank but do we really need as much as we think that’s the million dollar question will find out. I’m a firm believer in there products so I trust it and time will tell. I race hare scrambles and my atvd go 100+ hrs before touching the top ends, never had a bottom failure when using amsoil now yes these are four stroke quads but I ran them hard in dusty wet and the worst conditions. It seems I have more issues with the old timers on this mix, but look how far oil has come through the years so I’m open to change if it truly works.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool.
Some 2 stroke oils don't burn at all. Lol
Cool test. I doubt you'll have any issues.
But I was thinking more for the fun factor.

Skisawyer

chain rook
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for oil starvation guinea piggin’ your pro saw for us. I have wondered a bit about that same mix question. Please correct me if i’m wrong, but I think I was taught that the machining/oem tolerances and the rated power of “the tune” of the motor dictates oil mix and oil specifications. And that counterintuitively, p/c’s and bottom ends with sloppy tolerances between wear surfaces, that are not “de tuned” requires/ dictates mix ratio - and requires more oil in the mix and a “tougher” more “ durable” (higher flash point/ higher specific gravity= higher performance lubricant.

Of course rich/lean air-fuel mixture is also involved here. And heat is the enemy. And the oem wants to sell a durable reliable tool, but one that’s not too long lived, or it would weigh too much and last too long... And I might have this all wrong.

Skisawyer

chain rook
Local time
12:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my follow up question is, have chainsaw motor tolerances gotten tighter or looser over the last 20 years? Oil has improved significantly.