Husqvarna 2100 thread

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just in the local husky dealer ordering some bits for a 371 and 372 rebuild, and I got talking to the owner about the 2100 I am rebuilding.
He says "oh we have one of them out back a bloke brought in to get fixed up"

Can I have a look I said :)

Its a 2101, looks in fairly good nick.
The chain brake is missing the bit inside the chain cover that grabs the clutch drum
The guy in the store said that they had told him they couldn't repair it without the chain brake and they cant get a new chain brake so its basically a write off.
Other than that it felt good, but is full of old rotten fuel which is probably the issue.

I asked him to ring the owner and see if he would take $100 for the saw.

He said yes :)

SCORE!!!!

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was just in the local husky dealer ordering some bits for a 371 and 372 rebuild, and I got talking to the owner about the 2100 I am rebuilding.
He says "oh we have one of them out back a bloke brought in to get fixed up" I know the feeling:)

The chain brake is missing the bit inside the chain cover that grabs the clutch drum
The guy in the store said that they had told him they couldn't repair it without the chain brake and they cant get a new chain brake so its basically a write off.
Other than that it felt good, but is full of old rotten fuel which is probably the issue.

SCORE!!!!

SCORE!!!!
Nice! Glad to see another on the road:)

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Norm

I just got some new bearings for the 2100CD so I think I will go get it ready to assemble.
I am all motivated after just reading through your thread and listening to that crackle in some videos

flying pig

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had some progress with the saw tonight. Took it out to a friend's place where we had some lengths stored from last winter. Broke it in a bit and tuned it a little. Seems to be running pretty good considering how badly scratched that cylinder is. It still works on the mill really well and cuts much better with either chain on it. I tuned the skip chain a bit and got it to pull the saw into the wood on the mill much better than before. And then it broke a rewind dog. I have one at home, and a lathe. I think the Teflon bushing inside the rope wheel is pretty well done and letting the dogs skip off sideways. I have some brass stock downstairs too so I may be able to make something to shim it up and out if need be.

Adrian Bernard got back to me. They can do the cylinder repairs no problem, $289 per cylinder. Seems steep, but once good cylinders are gone it may be the only answer.

Also found a 395 for sale cheap. May grab it for a dedicated mill saw.

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The piston windows had some big casting lips that would not be good for flow in a big motor, so I have smoothed them out and rounded out the path from inside the piston into the windows.

They are roughed in and I will smooth them out and square off the corners to maximise flow into the transfers.

WP_20160719_16_33_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20160719_17_01_23_Pro.jpg

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Squared the edges and streamlined it internally to promote flow into the transfers.

The lowers are already the same size as the windows so I am not going to touch them.

WP_20160719_19_08_51_Pro.jpg

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got it to here:

WP_20160719_19_49_28_Pro.jpg

Very happy with my gasket which fit perfectly.
Went together nice and easy and spins with zero restriction.
I was going to run it with no gasket but made one from .008" material so it is easy to get the top on and off when testing and modifying.
There was one casualty, I left the little plastic plug that goes in the hole top left of the carb area in when I heated the case half in the oven and it melted :(

Now waiting on oil seals and clutch springs

Glock37

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gasket made.

Coloured in the flange with a pink marker but it dried to fast to leave a print.

Rubbed some spit on it and it worked better.

Something told me rubbing some spit on it would make the pink flange work better

View attachment 27530

Might get it excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
google it ya slack arse lol

Haha, I have raided Ebay but will look further afield today

I just did some mild porting
Took some off the intake side piston skirt for more intake
Raised the exhaust a touch, widened it about 3mm on both sides and blended it all in.
Took the sharp square edges off the bottom of the lowers to promote flow into them

Was 70/122/108 when I measured it with my new thin gasket
Now 75/122/105
Squish is at .035" (was almost .060 stock)

I have gone conservative with the exhaust. I can always take a bit more out but I am not after more revs. I want low down torque.
Just need to port match the muffler and gasket, and I am good to go once the last of the parts show up......... and I find an kill switch for it :)

WP_20160720_10_43_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160720_11_40_35_Pro.jpg

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
12:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score

SCORE!!!!

So dual power head 2101 milling? :borra2: