High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been hot the last few days, but just hot enough to make you sweat.
Not hot enough to give you an excuse to hide in the AC..
I can tolerate up to about 90 or so, any more than that and I drain out pretty quick.
It's been 91 ish the last few days, does that count......I sweat like crazy starting at about 79°

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got that far before I ran outta gas on the mill and it got up to 90° in the shade.

Making 1x6x8'....
View attachment 380460

I don't mean to be nosy about your business, but of course I'm gona be nosy about your business, but is the stuff you mill commissioned by folks, or do you just mill whatever makes the best use of the logs and stockpile different dimensions of lumber? I'd guess after doing this as long as you have, you probably have a good idea of desirable dimensions of lumber, but I'm curious how that works. If you don't mind sharing that is. If not, that's perfectly fine. No worries.

Regardless, I'm glad to see people utilize smaller, private mills, instead of always going to the big stores. 👍🏻

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been looking for a couple of years to find one of these in decent shape. An elderly Gent wanted it to go to a good home for $60. Fresh gas with Saber and it starts on first pull. Capstan drive and rocker handle make these the best for a steep yard. F series engine.

Attachments

• IMG_1536.jpeg
    IMG_1536.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 10

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't mean to be nosy about your business, but of course I'm gona be nosy about your business, but is the stuff you mill commissioned by folks, or do you just mill whatever makes the best use of the logs and stockpile different dimensions of lumber? I'd guess after doing this as long as you have, you probably have a good idea of desirable dimensions of lumber, but I'm curious how that works. If you don't mind sharing that is. If not, that's perfectly fine. No worries.

Regardless, I'm glad to see people utilize smaller, private mills, instead of always going to the big stores. 👍🏻
I usually cut what people have pre ordered....just because cash flow, and I don't like storing lumber on account of rot/mold/bugs &co.

This 1x6 order we're working on (5k square feet) is for a guy that ordered all the lumber for a 900 sq ft house from us last year, this is going to be made into shiplap for all his inside walls & ceiling.

In an ideal world, I'd just cut what each log "wants" to made into.....that way I'd get the highest yield & best quality lumber.....but due to life not being ideal, I mostly don't get to do it that way.

Last year when the lumber prices were insane, we sold over 50k bf in 1 week on craigslist....all cut to order.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually cut what people have pre ordered....just because cash flow, and I don't like storing lumber on account of rot/mold/bugs &co.

This 1x6 order we're working on (5k square feet) is for a guy that ordered all the lumber for a 900 sq ft house from us last year, this is going to be made into shiplap for all his inside walls & ceiling.

In an ideal world, I'd just cut what each log "wants" to made into.....that way I'd get the highest yield & best quality lumber.....but due to life not being ideal, I mostly don't get to do it that way.

Last year when the lumber prices were insane, we sold over 50k bf in 1 week on craigslist....all cut to order.

Nice! We obviously don't see this sort of thing out here, but it's always been intriguing to me. Thanks for sharing.