High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm guessing you got a new mill?
Those Cooks mills look like real beasts, I'm interested to hear your impressions.
Yes the mill is new. Still modding the mill to what I am needing. I ended up getting the Mikron Set works. Still tunning the programming. Then add a winch to assist in turning large tree trunks. Then some fine tunning of the the board drag back. Which means a complete redo of the dragging arms. Pour plasma cutting which caused to much bevel (not a square cut). Max depth of cut is only 9 inches as is. Engineers can't leave equipment as is. I do like the four post system with solid band wheels. Plus the drive belt is completely separated from the blade side.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes the mill is new. Still modding the mill to what I am needing. I ended up getting the Mikron Set works. Still tunning the programming. Then add a winch to assist in turning large tree trunks. Then some fine tunning of the the board drag back. Which means a complete redo of the dragging arms. Pour plasma cutting which caused to much bevel (not a square cut). Max depth of cut is only 9 inches as is. Engineers can't leave equipment as is. I do like the four post system with solid band wheels. Plus the drive belt is completely separated from the blade side.
👍

So the cooks hydraulic chain turner ain't cutting it with the big logs?

What mill did you have previously?

We had a woodmizer lt40 super that had a serious twist welded into the frame directly from the factory, we had to take a cutting torch & welder to it before we could make usable lumber.

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
👍

So the cooks hydraulic chain turner ain't cutting it with the big logs?

What mill did you have previously?

We had a woodmizer lt40 super that had a serious twist welded into the frame directly from the factory, we had to take a cutting torch & welder to it before we could make usable lumber.
I am being told the hydraulic chain turner is meant for logs under 30 inches. But the mill has a cut width of 44 inch wide and 40 tall. I still have a small Timberking 1220 manual mill with 16 hp gas motor and trailer package. I also have a D&L swingblade mill with planer, sander, and chainsaw slabber bar.