High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag
Good morning Wood Knots.

Thomas I have to admit that video was an eye opener for me.

Thank you for sharing.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and Father’s Day if you have children.

I was fortunate enough to be able to fix my Dad Sunday brunch.
IMG_4844.jpeg

Jetmd

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Smithville, MO..Born in Iowa by the grace of God
Country flag

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Treated decking sucks too..

At 10 years old, I got bad boards on a deck.

Some still ok, but some are rotten as hell..
I have no complaints with my treated decking. Treated decking may not be the "best" flooring, but it is the best option for me. 16 foot white oak is almost unobtanium. If I could find white oak, I assume the cost would be stupid for my trailer; same for any exotic African or South American trailer decking boards. I would be better off building a shed to store my trailer in or under; my treated floor should last a lifetime at that point, and I would have a place to hide :oops:

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no complaints with my treated decking. Treated decking may not be the "best" flooring, but it is the best option for me. 16 foot white oak is almost unobtanium. If I could find white oak, I assume the cost would be stupid for my trailer; same for any exotic African or South American trailer decking boards. I would be better off building a shed to store my trailer in or under; my treated floor should last a lifetime at that point, and I would have a place to hide :oops:
Hiding is good.:sisi3:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hiding works most of the time other options are less obtainable

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello fellas! Haven't been on here in quite some time. Trying to finish up a log job and wheat harvest started. Yields are a surprise! Lot of 70-80bu wheat out there! One 20 acre patch on creek went 103. That's rare. Everyone keep on rolling!

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
neighbor across the street had some guys taking down a dead tree. I can hear the saw screaming for longer periods than are normal. I walk across the street to say hi and check it out. I am talking to the boss and his helper cannot get the saw started. I ask if they have a screwdriver and say I might be able to help you get it started easier. Well, they have no tuning screwdriver. The operator says "It is just hot and needs to cool down!" You think? I visibly notice the chain is dull as a fence post, not surprised. I tell the boss I can go sharpen it for him if he wants to take a break. Boss man tells the operator, to which the operator replies, "It is sharp, I just sharpened it." The operator finally got the saw started and pinned it WOT so it wouldn't die, and started sawing again. I told Boss man to have a good day and came back home. Fortunately the tree was small. Probably a 20-30 minute job they turned into an hour and a half because they were taking 1-2 minutes to make 5 second cuts.

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
neighbor across the street had some guys taking down a dead tree. I can hear the saw screaming for longer periods than are normal. I walk across the street to say hi and check it out. I am talking to the boss and his helper cannot get the saw started. I ask if they have a screwdriver and say I might be able to help you get it started easier. Well, they have no tuning screwdriver. The operator says "It is just hot and needs to cool down!" You think? I visibly notice the chain is dull as a fence post, not surprised. I tell the boss I can go sharpen it for him if he wants to take a break. Boss man tells the operator, to which the operator replies, "It is sharp, I just sharpened it." The operator finally got the saw started and pinned it WOT so it wouldn't die, and started sawing again. I told Boss man to have a good day and came back home. Fortunately the tree was small. Probably a 20-30 minute job they turned into an hour and a half because they were taking 1-2 minutes to make 5 second cuts.
It's painful to watch. I saw a guy smoke a new 170 in 1 day. Dull chain, wot, sawing it back and forth on a 3 inch sapling. The wood was smoking and the bar was black and blue with no paint left after less than a gallon. Some people just won't listen.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tree guys have “the dumb’s”..