High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chinquapin oak according to my I-phone, a member of the white oak family

From Wikipedia: Chinquapin oak is also sometimes confused with the related chestnut oak (Quercus montana), which it closely resembles. However, unlike the pointed teeth on the leaves of the chinquapin oak, chestnut oak leaves generally have rounded teeth. The two species have contrasting kinds of bark: chinquapin oak has a gray, flaky bark very similar to that of white oak (Q. alba) but with a more yellow-brown cast to it (hence the occasional name yellow oak for this species), while chestnut oak has dark, solid, deeply ridged bark. The chinquapin oak also has smaller acorns than the chestnut oak or another similar species, the swamp chestnut oak (Q. michauxii), which have some of the largest acorns of any oaks.[2]

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chinquapin oak according to my I-phone, a member of the white oak family

From Wikipedia: Chinquapin oak is also sometimes confused with the related chestnut oak (Quercus montana), which it closely resembles. However, unlike the pointed teeth on the leaves of the chinquapin oak, chestnut oak leaves generally have rounded teeth. The two species have contrasting kinds of bark: chinquapin oak has a gray, flaky bark very similar to that of white oak (Q. alba) but with a more yellow-brown cast to it (hence the occasional name yellow oak for this species), while chestnut oak has dark, solid, deeply ridged bark. The chinquapin oak also has smaller acorns than the chestnut oak or another similar species, the swamp chestnut oak (Q. michauxii), which have some of the largest acorns of any oaks.[2]
Chinquapin was my other idea.
I believe we have quite a bit of it in this area.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning folks.
Seems with all the natural rains that we have a near run away garden at least at the homestead location. I almost couldn't believe how much stuff's grew in just 4 days, which is good. Plants are finally mature enough to let those buds produce product, rather than picking them off.