High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd really like to catch something better than catfish, but I figure anything is better than nothing.

Pretty much 100% ignorant of fishing.... I guess it's time to learn.
I’m not a fisherman either. I like going fishing but in the last 30+ years I’ve caught 1 fish. I remember camping at Roaring River State Park once. Cobey came also for the day. Spent almost $100 on nice lures. Within 30 minutes I lost almost all of them and didn’t catch a single one. Meanwhile Cobey, standing 30 feet away from me caught his limit of trout.
My father in law gave me a little fishing boat years ago. That’s when I found out I’m not a boat person either. Don’t get me wrong, I like going for boat rides but they don’t have brakes. I was loading it onto the trailer and within 5 seconds I was sitting 90 degrees to the trailer.
On top of the trailer.
Had to get out in 4 feet of water and manhandle the thing onto the trailer. It wasn’t too long after that I sold it.

WoodAbuser

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not a fisherman either. I like going fishing but in the last 30+ years I’ve caught 1 fish. I remember camping at Roaring River State Park once. Cobey came also for the day. Spent almost $100 on nice lures. Within 30 minutes I lost almost all of them and didn’t catch a single one. Meanwhile Cobey, standing 30 feet away from me caught his limit of trout.
My father in law gave me a little fishing boat years ago. That’s when I found out I’m not a boat person either. Don’t get me wrong, I like going for boat rides but they don’t have brakes. I was loading it onto the trailer and within 5 seconds I was sitting 90 degrees to the trailer.
On top of the trailer.
Had to get out in 4 feet of water and manhandle the thing onto the trailer. It wasn’t too long after that I sold it.
Maybe you just have a water allergy.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd really like to catch something better than catfish, but I figure anything is better than nothing.

Pretty much 100% ignorant of fishing.... I guess it's time to learn.

On top of the trailer.
I don't fish Table rock too often, but maybe we can work on something for a day outing. Usually I go to Eagle Rock or Viola area. I can't remember off hand what your nearest towns are to your locations and the postage stamp. We will see what we can do in March. Hardest thing to do for me is to plan what day I am available.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't fish Table rock too often, but maybe we can work on something for a day outing. Usually I go to Eagle Rock or Viola area. I can't remember off hand what your nearest towns are to your locations and the postage stamp. We will see what we can do in March. Hardest thing to do for me is to plan what day I am available.
That would be awesome, a fishing gtg!

We're in Theodosia on bull shoals lake, but I'd be happy to meet up part way.

The fishing is supposed to be really good in the Theodosia area....but, idk nothin'....

I'm self employed so I can usually make my schedule work.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning fellas. The sun is full send again today. Supposed to get to 50.

I used to fish a lot, but the nearest place is about an hour away. Once I get moved, it will be abou 10 minutes. So I'll be getting back into it eventually. I really only focus on bass. Not much of a catfish fisherman.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would be awesome, a fishing gtg!

We're in Theodosia on bull shoals lake, but I'd be happy to meet up part way.

The fishing is supposed to be really good in the Theodosia area....but, idk nothin'....

I'm self employed so I can usually make my schedule work.
I have thought about fishing bull shoals but the drive with the boat has been my hangup. Theodosia is showing about two and a half hours from me. But then Eagle rock and Viola is showing about 2 for you because Branson area.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something to consider since you guys are bank fishing, look up information close to you on walleye. Late February into March they should be making a spawning run into the shallow tributary creeks of the main lake. Throw shallow cranks or jig grubs.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something to consider since you guys are bank fishing, look up information close to you on walleye. Late February into March they should be making a spawning run into the shallow tributary creeks of the main lake. Throw shallow cranks or jig grubs.
I'd be a happy camper if I could figure out how to catch walleye, those are good eating!
I have thought about fishing bull shoals but the drive with the boat has been my hangup. Theodosia is showing about two and a half hours from me. But then Eagle rock and Viola is showing about 2 for you because Branson area.
I would be willing to drive a ways to fish with an expert.😉

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was at the pawn/gun/bait shop yesterday & they were selling minnows & wax worms like they weren’t going to be making them any more.

One fella said there was 10“-12” of ice on the lakes, which stunned me. I know it got damn cold but I didn’t think that the ice would be that thick.

Anyways they are catching alot of walleyes on minnows, crappie on wax worms & minnows both.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was at the pawn/gun/bait shop yesterday & they were selling minnows & wax worms like they weren’t going to be making them any more.

One fella said there was 10“-12” of ice on the lakes, which stunned me. I know it got damn cold but I didn’t think that the ice would be that thick.

Anyways they are catching alot of walleyes on minnows, crappie on wax worms & minnows both.
Are you talking real minnows or artificial minnows?

All this fisherman jargon is Greek to me......

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good afternoon folks. We missed the overnight star gazing, oh well. 32f to 39f and overcast dark/dreary in my area again today.

Skies overcast here as well, However, the guessers are claiming that later this evening we should see some stars.
Didn't happen
Good morning looks like it is going to be cloudy all day and half the day tomorrow 😔😔 ready for some sunshine
Very much agree.

I may have to bring out the sunshine mood lamp to help fool my senses for a while.

Last edited:

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd be a happy camper if I could figure out how to catch walleye, those are good eating!

I would be willing to drive a ways to fish with an expert.😉

Are you talking real minnows or artificial minnows?

All this fisherman jargon is Greek to me......
Hardly an expert, but I enjoy my time on the water. Got some work to do on the boat and trailer before I hit it again. Should be getting out in the next few weeks again. Sometimes I just like to do lazy fishing and troll with cranks just to cover some water and find out what is in the area. He is referring to real minnows. If I had live water on my place I would be raising them for my own use and for sale.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hardly an expert, but I enjoy my time on the water. Got some work to do on the boat and trailer before I hit it again. Should be getting out in the next few weeks again. Sometimes I just like to do lazy fishing and troll with cranks just to cover some water and find out what is in the area. He is referring to real minnows. If I had live water on my place I would be raising them for my own use and for sale.
I haven't looked at real/ live bait yet.
Worms is mostly what I used for trout back in the olden days.

Heading down to the lake right now, figure we can at least lose a few lures even if we don't find any fish.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trolling is a great way to cover a lot of water and learn a lake, I caught the biggest crappie of my life trolling for walleye.

Plus it’s sight seeing...

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No fish.....I think they all froze to death.....it's stinking windy & cold down on the lake!

Think it's supposed to be milder tomorrow, we're planning to go back then.
IMG_20240101_092049(1).jpg

I don't do well in the cold, but the last time I was out I took this picture. Jig fishing for crappie over brush piles.