High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was born in ‘83 lol
@Hedgerow 1899 is when many of our record lows here in TX were set.they say 1949 and 1989 were pretty cold years here in TX as well.
Pup LOL.

Times were tough then I took a job at Glen Rose in the nuclear power plant, our water was frozen 20 days , freezing rain on hwys was bad ,, them Messicans couldn't drive for crap .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to the historians, this was the coldest 2 week stretch in 112 years here in SW MO.

I believe that..

The ground got so cold, it re froze last night when the sun went down, but the temp was still in the 40’s..

Same here. Just walked the dog, it is 41º and the ground is frozen...

Louie B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
you would think with temps in the 60s this white stuff would be gone. Ice doesn't melt as soon as snow I guess. Oh well playing on the four-wheeler is going to be fun in shirt sleeves haha

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pup LOL.

Times were tough then I took a job at Glen Rose in the nuclear power plant, our water was frozen 20 days , freezing rain on hwys was bad ,, them Messicans couldn't drive for crap .

Yep I am a pup,
The hotel my wife stayed in in Killeen on Saturday nite 2/13 so she could be closer to the hospital for shorter trip to work was the same one that burned 2/19. Next city over diverted water to Killeen in order to help the poor water situation which ended up putting their whole city on a boil order.
Fire marshals office is going to be BUSY the next few weeks re inspecting fire suppression systems that were either shut down due to freezing/rupture or to prevent rupture.
I will be washing and inspecting, repairing bunker gear for weeks due to this cold snap.
When you say couldn’t drive it seems to me you’re saying something has improved since then HAH HAH.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We ended up with almost four inches of ice.
Off and on sleet for several days. Just would not quit. Then after we had all the sleet on the ground we caught a half inch 32 Degree rain. Then it went down to 10' that night so it was crunchy.
I guess pretty much the entire state was shut down last week. None of the businesses that I know of where open. The convenience stores were open but none had any gas. They could not get a semi on the road to resupply the tanks. Same way with milk it was gone the first day . Everybody just took a holiday all week. We don't have snow plows down here.
Was in the fifties yesterday and it didn't even melt the ice off the roof of my house. I think the last time we had snow for more than a day or two was in the late 80s.
Hunted Easter eggs from under snow at least once in the 60's. Oddest I remember 'cept 81 I believe st Louis had 20-24" inches of snow in less than a full day. Shut things down very well:risas3: my vdub got out w/raised 4wd power wagons and the like. Waited for the pack so high center less likely!
43° earlier now 42 with heavy mist falling:facepalm:

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ended up with 9" of wet crap. Got the tractor put back together so ran it through it's paces. Seems to have passed with flying colors.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Tractor front.jpg
    Tractor front.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 21

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
c628559be525b2dd1ca53ce93ecb0ebe.jpg

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going with local biologists today to photo and check gators under ice , he wants to document them as they start moving after the thaw ,
I think he just wants a dummy to break ice and set cameras LOL

That would be interesting.

Does OK have a sizable population? I am guessing only in the southern region?

First time I have heard of any. Interesting that we want to "document" them as opposed to eradicate them.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. *f-word...

I can’t follow that one...

Please clarify...
20210222_121817.jpg
Saving 1000 words,:eusa_whistle: to the left is the natural large gulley, blocked by drive with undersized pipe. Unshown on right is continuation of gulley
52°, unexpected high! Flat drive wood be better in snow perhaps rather than uphill

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 200t from the beer box is on its way to Minnesota. [emoji6]

FedX ground $15.73. Can’t beat that. [emoji106]
What’s the ETA on it? It took the USPS a month to deliver an air filter to @Hinerman from here, that was like $4. Minnesnowda is about the same distance from you. Let us know how your shipping experience goes.