High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well after a 7 day workweek and a couple 6 day weeks before that I got time for some saw therapy today. We got the final tests done on the Soilmec and the Italian electrician was happy so they left. I told the boss I was taking the rest of the day off.

A friend of mine does forestry mulching and told me there were some nice hackberry that were going to get mulched so I threw some saws in the truck and loaded my trailer. I’d like to have gotten more but my cheap little 16’ trailer will only carry so much weight. Ran a full tank through the 440 hybrid, a tank through the 7-10a Mac and a tank through the knock off 372. Didn’t even fire the 395. Fell quite a few trees for him due to access limitations. One rotten Hackberry that had me slightly concerned but it went right where I aimed it. I guess a blind squirrel gets an acorn every now and then!!

30A2BA1C-66CC-4E68-B044-26ACFA0E70C9.jpeg A8B24958-DE6D-4844-8826-B5BBBB434688.jpeg E2CFCA1F-62B2-4849-B178-2F5C2E9F5D58.jpeg

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well after a 7 day workweek and a couple 6 day weeks before that I got time for some saw therapy today. We got the final tests done on the Soilmec and the Italian electrician was happy so they left. I told the boss I was taking the rest of the day off.

A friend of mine does forestry mulching and told me there were some nice hackberry that were going to get mulched so I threw some saws in the truck and loaded my trailer. I’d like to have gotten more but my cheap little 16’ trailer will only carry so much weight. Ran a full tank through the 440 hybrid, a tank through the 7-10a Mac and a tank through the knock off 372. Didn’t even fire the 395. Fell quite a few trees for him due to access limitations. One rotten Hackberry that had me slightly concerned but it went right where I aimed it. I guess a blind squirrel gets an acorn every now and then!!

View attachment 225293 View attachment 225294 View attachment 225295
Nice looking load of hackberry.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got it. I got it. I got it.
Sold my 16 foot homemade trailer last Thursday to get money to buy me a deer rifle.
After much reading and talking and scanning local stores for the best price, I finally found what I was looking for.
Bought me a Savage Axis XP from Bass Pro in 7mm08 with a scope.
I know, it's an inexpensive introductory rifle but I'm an introductory type person to deer hunting.
So it's perfect. :)
But I couldn't be more happy right now.
:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Those are damn fine rifles, "introductory" or not. She will serve you well! Interesting caliber......I've never shot anything in that caliber, but it looks like a good one from a ballistics standpoint.

Not everything has to be top of the line, to do the job. If it puts deer in the dirt, so you can put them in your freezer, then it's done it's job, and so have you. Enjoy it and congratulations!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I didn’t really NEED more wood but it was easy access and close to home. Backed right up to the trees to load so overall it was easy work.

If your friend is just mulching it I'd just show up and blast out some cookies until the gas was gone.

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If your friend is just mulching it I'd just show up and blast out some cookies until the gas was gone.

The thought crossed my mind. Almost loaded the SP125 but decided to go make the best use of the opportunity and get some easy to process wood.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rotator cuff surgery?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Small Rotator Cuff tear, Small Labral Tear, two bone spurs ground off, two torn bursas, and a bit of my clavicle gound off.

Sold my 16 foot homemade trailer last Thursday to get money to buy me a deer rifle.
After much reading and talking and scanning local stores for the best price, I finally found what I was looking for.
I know, it's an inexpensive introductory rifle but I'm an introductory type person to deer hunting.
The "Introductory" part of that rifle has to do with fit/finish and user preferences. Functionally, they tend to be damn accurate rifles. As a bonus, the 7mm-08 is almost the equivalent of the 7x57mm Mauser, which may be one of the best cartridges ever designed, in necked down 308 brass which is plentiful. You can do almost anything in North America with that round (to include Elk), with VERY modest recoil and very streamlined, High-SD bullets. The only reason I may not buy one, is to buy a .280AI with a slightly longer throat, for longer/heavier pills.

Congrats Man! It's a pretty good feeling when the Sun, moon and stars align and these things happen. It makes us appreciate them more!

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We has several 7-08

I reload also all my ammo.

You will be pleased

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small Rotator Cuff tear, Small Labral Tear, two bone spurs ground off, two torn bursas, and a bit of my clavicle gound off.

The "Introductory" part of that rifle has to do with fit/finish and user preferences. Functionally, they tend to be damn accurate rifles. As a bonus, the 7mm-08 is almost the equivalent of the 7x57mm Mauser, which may be one of the best cartridges ever designed, in necked down 308 brass which is plentiful. You can do almost anything in North America with that round (to include Elk), with VERY modest recoil and very streamlined, High-SD bullets. The only reason I may not buy one, is to buy a .280AI with a slightly longer throat, for longer/heavier pills.

Congrats Man! It's a pretty good feeling when the Sun, moon and stars align and these things happen. It makes us appreciate them more!
Yup..

Savage + 7mm 08 = accurate shooter.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting story behind getting the gun. I knew the only way I was going to be able to get anything was to sell something. Plus I needed to clean up the place. So I put one of my trailers on marketplace a couple of weeks ago. I was getting discouraged with no nibbled but finally sold it to a gentleman up by Booneville, Mo. So, I finally had the funds. Limited as they were.
I'd done a ton of research on different brands and calibers and talked to a couple of trusted guys I know. As far as the round was concerned I really liked what I read on the 7mm08 but had decided to just go with a .243 because of price.
Almost half the cost of the 7-08. Wal-Mart had several of the Axis XP at about $329. They also had the Remington 770 for about the same, if I recall. Also had a wooden stock Axis for 347. But, with tax, it was a no go. Had pretty much made up my mind to get one at Wal-Mart but I decided to check around and read more. Last Saturday we stopped in Bass Pro and was looking at them behind the counter. $349 for the Axis XP.
All these guns came with Weaver scopes. 3-9x40mm. Up by the little room that has all the really expensive rifles there were 3 displays with rifles stacked up. Turns out those are used guns for sale. There was an Axis in .243 there for $279. I told Goldie I'd think about it. Went back today and it was gone. Sadness. But they had a couple of them in 7-08. One for 279 and one for 299. The 299 tag said 5 round capacity. The cheaper said 3 round. I grabbed the cheaper gun and went into the little room and asked if this was where I paid. He said yes. The cheaper gun had no magazine in it. He said they did that for theft problems. Then he said this gun was cheaper because it didn't have the magazine. When it was returned it didn't have the magazine. I told him my story about how the other gun was beyond my finances and was getting ready to leave when he said "wait a minute" He made a call to his boss, brought out the box of magazines and pulled out a particular one. He also pulled out the one for the 299 gun. He said they had sold one last week and it went out without a magazine. It was a .308. I remembered Matt saying the 7mm was on a necked down .308. We compared the 2 and they were identical. He clicked it into the gun I wanted and I asked him if it was now 299.
He said he had to sell it for the tagged price. 279.
So, with tax I got the little lady for $304. While this one is technically used, it was never fired. I think what happened is somebody ordered one online and it came in without the magazine. Hence it was returned. It came with all paperwork. Including the warranty registration.
I felt truly blessed that all planets in the solar system lined up today just for me.
:)

ArSawMechanic

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening gents! Just found this thread being advertised on a tapa talk email, thought I'd drop in & see if any of the old gang was still around. I see a few names I recognize, so I locked up the valuables in the safe while I stopped in & said howdy! How y'all been?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evening gents! Just found this thread being advertised on a tapa talk email, thought I'd drop in & see if any of the old gang was still around. I see a few names I recognize, so I locked up the valuables in the safe while I stopped in & said howdy! How y'all been?

Hey brandon. Long time. Good to see you on here. Jerry

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Evening All! Weaning off of the pain killers now, but it's not fun. I can move my arm a bit under its own power, but it's not for the faint of heart. Picked up a loaner Kubota B8200HST mini-tractor from a buddy, to use for a bit and give a spring service (oil, filters, glow plugs, glow plug controller, and a good bath). I'll have it here for the GTG, though it may not mean much.

Steve, I'm stoked for you being able to buy that rifle. I hadn't bought anything in 5 years, due to s-word always breaking and taking care of the family. When things finally lined up with sidework and whatnot to make that Desert Eagle happen, I couldn't say no. It was a few more dollars, but it's not the money, but the achievement of doing so. No doubt we could have gone out to dinner a few ore times, or done something else, but as much as I do for them and my friends, it's nice once in a blue moon to see my efforts go towards something that's personal to me, for no practical reason whatsoever. Life's too short to never factor yourself in.

Junkyard

Can’t have too many saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning all! Completely forgot the 500 was last night. Checked on it right before I crashed out and man was the last lap wreck bad. Ryan Newman took a massive hit. They say injuries aren’t life threatening but he’s gotta be banged up pretty bad. I’d imagine this might be what brings retirement for him.

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hi Brandon. Good to hear from you.
Are you taking good care of that John Deere saw for me? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ba-Nan-Nuh !!