High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning all. Looks like the weather won’t bother us too much. At least not so far. One job in Oklahoma is a mud hole. Brought a rig back from Minco yesterday. Headed to Lebanon today.

My poor saws are feeling so neglected!
Lebanon MO?
I am just 30 miles south of there...

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Morning/night all! Went in at midnight last night, and going in at 0030 tonight/tomorrowish. Then I'll go in for three whole hours on Wednesday night before a darn good nap. It's amazing the completely unplugged/powered down naps from being sedated.

@cobey Any more news on your back, and dirt/gravel efforts?

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a huge sassafras tree today that had fallen , though about having it sawn up , but no one would as it is a hallucinating wood , the fumes and dust ,

I didn't know that.

Pretty wood , has never color, log is 20 plus diameter and 25 or 30 ft long to 1st fork

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found a huge sassafras tree today that had fallen , though about having it sawn up , but no one would as it is a hallucinating wood , the fumes and dust ,

I didn't know that.

Pretty wood , has never color, log is 20 plus diameter and 25 or 30 ft long to 1st fork

Dug sassafras roots as a kid. Made tea. Even sold some roots to the local grocery store.

Now I’m told it’s a carcinogen. [emoji2960]

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Boomhower

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I didn't know that.

Wish I was closer! Love milling and haven"t had decent halucinations since they changed the formula on MD-20 20 in the late 60's lol

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I didn't know that.

That is a big sassafras....no?

The hallucinating properties is a new one on me. Never heard of that.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a big sassafras....no?

The hallucinating properties is a new one on me. Never heard of that.

Looked it up. This is crazy:

Steam distillation of dried root bark produces an essential oil which has a high safrole content, as well as significant amounts of varying other chemicals such as camphor, eugenol(including 5-methoxyeugenol), asarone, and various sesquiterpenes. Many other trees contain similarly high percentages and their extracted oils are sometimes referred to as sassafras oil,[34] which once was extensively used as a fragrance in perfumes and soaps, food and for aromatherapy. Safrole is a precursor for the clandestine manufacture of the drugs MDAand MDMA, and as such, sales and import of sassafras oil (as a safrole-containing mixture of above-threshold concentration) are heavily restricted in the US.[35]

MDA: 3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), is an empathogen-entactogen, psychostimulant, and psychedelic drug of the amphetamine family that is encountered mainly as a recreational drug. In terms of pharmacology, MDA acts most importantly as a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent (SNDRA). Due to its euphoriant and hallucinogenic effects, the drug is a controlled substance and its possession and sale are illegal in most countries.

MDMA: 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA),[note 1] commonly known as ecstasy (E) or molly, is a psychoactive drug primarily used as a recreational drug.[13] The desired effects include altered sensations, increased energy, empathy, and pleasure.[13][14] When taken by mouth, effects begin in 30 to 45 minutes and last 3 to 6 hours