High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the best way I know how to deal with Minnesota snow. An airplane ride can work wonders.
And no it ain’t snow!
8ac05a44fc06a8b6da7d1c2f16acee0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is the best way I know how to deal with Minnesota snow. An airplane ride can work wonders.
And no it ain’t snow!
8ac05a44fc06a8b6da7d1c2f16acee0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ain't right...Don't get bit on the toe by a crab or something; that would be awful-----not.

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the other day we were talking cordless tools. Then I came across this.
Might have to look in to this as Milwaukee got a few things I wouldn't mind having.
Got tired of listening to him, cut it short dude.
It's a good idea, BUT, I'm suspecting 1 adaptor doesn't fit every battery or brand of tool. I've got Dewalt and Porter Cable. 18 and 20 volt in each. Plus some 14 volt Dewalt. How many adaptors am I going to have to have to cross feed everything. How much are the adaptors? I have a ton of batteries and I use 3 chargers. I just make sure I keep the batteries up.
Folks always thought I was weird when I was out sawing firewood and showed up with 10 saws. There's a reason. Dull a chain, grab another saw keep going. Chain sharpening is done at home around my place. The woods is all about cutting, not sharpening.
When a battery dies, grab another and keep going, put the other on the charger.
:)

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good morning, Gentlemen!

@Locust Cutter: I sure do feel like my problems in life are small after reading about your son!
There are few things in life that weigh heavier on my mind than the needs of loved ones (especially the kind that I can't fix).
So thankful for our Father in heaven who hears and answers prayer!
I will be praying for ya'll!
Agreed. My dually is a perfect example. It pisses me off being broken (the time, money, and loss of functionality), but I can fix it. With my Son, all I could do was pray and watch.

Did I miss the back story? What is going on with your son? Prayers sent for sure.
Hayden had a non-hereditary, genetic deformity created, fibrous dysplasia tumor, surrounding a bone cyst inside of his skull between the nasal cavity and left eye orbit. It was physically displacing his left eye outward (horizontally) in the orbit, impinging its movement, and causing monocular vision anywhere off-center. Had it been left alone, it would have deadened his left optical nerve, and he would have lost at least the vision in his left eye, if not also the eyeball itself. It was also either touching, or a micron away from his frontal lobe. Had it been allowed to continue, all off these things would have happened, and possibly worse. We caught the problem about 9 months ago, but after several MRIs and a few CTs, they wanted to wait until nearly Winter for recovery reasons.

The surgery went perfect on the 6th of December, roughly 5 hours. They peeled the top half of his face forward, and excised part of the front of his skull, including the tumor. They then harvested bone from the top of his skull, and between that, Titanium plates, and Titanium mesh, rebuilt everything and put him back together. He was in the hospital roughly 5 days, and off of pain meds in three (tough little turd). Shalie and I took turns in the hospital, and then I took some time off of work to take care of him, after getting back home.

He then came down with a sinus infection (he no longer has an upper sinus, only lower) on the 28th, and his face started swelling again very quickly. The repairs, while fusing, are still porous, and allowed some of the junk to go upward. Once it went upward, and the infection really set in, he spiked a nasty fever (104.7°+), and his skull started swelling. He ultimately spent another 5 days in the hospital fighting that, with the junk seeping out of his tear ducts and part of his mostly healed incision. His eyes swelled shut again, and it was a bit scary for a few days. Thankfully, with much prayer all around, and skilled doctors, he got past it and is back home. Shalie, He and I spent near Year's eve in the hospital, which was a first.

The irony is, he has to get healed up, in order to have another surgery, as he has another similar tumor, in his lower right jaw, and will really screw up his jaw, teeth and deplete the marrow around the spot, making the equivalent of a glass jaw. The tumors maybe affect 1 in 100K or less.

Last edited:

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. My dually is a perfect example. It pisses me off being broken (the time, money, and loss of functionality), but I can fix it. With my Son, all I could do was pray and watch.

Hayden had a non-hereditary, genetic deformity created, fibrous dysplasia tumor, surrounding a bone cyst inside of his skull between the nasal cavity and left eye orbit. It was physically displacing his left eye outward (horizontally) in the orbit, impinging its movement, and causing monocular vision anywhere off-center. Had it been left alone, it would have deadened his left optical nerve, and he would have lost at least the vision in his left eye, if not also the eyeball itself. It was also either touching, or a micron away from his frontal lobe. Had it been allowed to continue, all off these things would have happened, and possibly worse. We caught the problem about 9 months ago, but after several MRIs and a few CTs, they wanted to wait until nearly Winter for recovery reasons.

The surgery went perfect on the 6th of December, roughly 5 hours. They peeled the top half of his face forward, and excised part of the front of his skull, including the tumor. They then harvested bone from the top of his skull, and between that, Titanium plates, and Titanium mesh, rebuilt everything and put him back together. He was in the hospital roughly 5 days, and off of pain meds in three (tough little turd). Shalie and I took turns in the hospital, and then I took some time off of work to take care of him, after getting back home.

He then came down with a sinus infection (he no longer has an upper sinus, only lower) on the 28th, and his face started swelling again very quickly. The repairs, while fusing, are still porous, and allowed some of the junk to go upward. Once it went upward, and the infection really set in, he spiked a nasty fever (104.7°+), and his skull started swelling. He ultimately spent another 5 days in the hospital fighting that, with the junk seeping out of his tear ducts and part of his mostly healed incision. His eyes swelled shut again, and it was a bit scary for a few days. Thankfully, with much prayer all around, and skilled doctors, he got past it and is back home. Shalie, He and I spent near Year's eve in the hospital, which was a first.

The irony is, he has to get healed up, in order to have another surgery, as he has another similar tumor, in his lower right jaw, and will really screw up his jaw, teeth and deplete the marrow around the spot, making the equivalent of a glass jaw. The tumors maybe affect 1 in 100K or less.

Prayers sent.......

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got tired of listening to him, cut it short dude.
It's a good idea, BUT, I'm suspecting 1 adaptor doesn't fit every battery or brand of tool. I've got Dewalt and Porter Cable. 18 and 20 volt in each. Plus some 14 volt Dewalt. How many adaptors am I going to have to have to cross feed everything. How much are the adaptors? I have a ton of batteries and I use 3 chargers. I just make sure I keep the batteries up.
Folks always thought I was weird when I was out sawing firewood and showed up with 10 saws. There's a reason. Dull a chain, grab another saw keep going. Chain sharpening is done at home around my place. The woods is all about cutting, not sharpening.
When a battery dies, grab another and keep going, put the other on the charger.
:)

I agree with what you're say. I posted it because it seems sometimes one brand will make a tool the others don't and if that's the case you could get a bare tool only if you fancy.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to unload on everyone earlier, but it's been a hell of a month and a half. That didn't even touch recent shenanigans at work. I'm actually looking forward to the surgery at this point.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, didn't mean to unload on everyone earlier, but it's been a hell of a month and a half. That didn't even touch recent shenanigans at work. I'm actually looking forward to the surgery at this point.

Fire away when ever. It's not healthy to hold stuff in
Plus its not like you are my worthless cousin complaining about her cat.

Last edited:

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks for filling us in.
That's a heavy load to try to carry on your own.

"Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

If splitting some wood for you helps with the burden, then we are happy to make the trip over and help.