High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another question, an old friend of mine worked for a tree service as a young man. He used a saw with a swivel powerhead. Its driving him crazy because he cant remember the name of that saw. I'm sure there was more than one company that made one but maybe you collectors could toss some names out. Stay warm!
IEL/Pioneer comes to mind. Probably late 50's ish .
Sawnami would know, I'll bet.
A mall 2mg swivels

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
On older saws, a rotating power head meant that it had a float-type carburetor which allowed the carb to stay upright at all times. Mall, IEL, Clinton, Homelite, Disston, and others had that feature.
Here's a couple. The Mall 2MG has a release lever inside of the handle to allow the transmission to rotate and the IEL HB shown rotated to felling position, has a release lever by the trigger.

a33c5e5ca3d909fb49744ba5f6b9956a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's another 50lbs up there! He is a stout man I say! This to everyone!

6'3" stout and in his mid twenties.

How hollow is that?

SOLID! The bar just reached. So cold he just wanted to get it done.

Crane got stuck and could not turn around. So had to climb the last part. Averaging twice a week to get chip trucks pulled out. Can't get enough traction even with chains. To much ice under the snow.

Last edited:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning everybody.
Morning midlanders, guessers are off again. Further into the day than said last night to get above freezing. Guesser for the rock station says Saturday night around 10 go home & stay till powder snow is cleared up to go to work Monday. :risas3:
Maybe different down this way we hope

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who knows. But starting at $100 just seems crazy to me. Granted it's been 10 years or more since I've shot yotes and we just left them where they lied.

I wonder how much I could could get for the mangey ones we have up here. I would think the cold has eliminated a lot of them but routinely see some totally hairless or only wearing half a coat. I have seen more Bobcats in the last month than Yotes.