High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

how about a Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX,+IA GTG thread?

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning, gentlemen!

I've been offsite a while, Nancy has been sick again, thankfully she seems OK now. I took Emerson to an old car show in the park, and none other than Wayne the Train Hancock was playing there. So Emerson got to meet him, and now he talks about "Wayne the Train." I suppose I'll have to get a picture of him and put it on the front of one of Emerson's little train toys, so Wayne can pull right alongside Thomas and Percy.

The most impressive ride there was Everett Moore's 1960 Dodge Matador. White with the dual crossflow intake setup, a pair of four barrels. I'll try to get a coupleof pics up. Mr.Moore is a very nice older guy, and he said he redid the motor to run on unleaded by putting in some "swirl," and changing the compression. I hope to get a car of that vintage in a cople of years. Thinking on a circa 1960 Chrysler product, a circa 1950-54 Buick, or a 65-67 Goat. Those are the three I like best in general.

I have had two training rides so far for the Octoginta, an 80 mile bicycle ride around Douglas county. My asp is out of shape, but I did improve from last Monday to Sunday the other day. My old training style of push myself into the ground then rest five days stihl seems to work for me. The ride is this Sunday, my 58th birthday.

The Road King was a lot less effort, I'll tell ya.

Coffee is good.

Have a great day!

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
White with the dual crossflow intake setup, a pair of four barrels.
I had a 1964 Chrysler 300 K with a 413 that had that intake...
To open the hood and see the 4 barrel carbs sitting over the front wheel wells is an unmistakable site... Anyone that has never seen one looks at you with that WTF look...
Would still have it if it was not stolen from my front yard in CA

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cobey, this is impressive. You do a whole lot of hard-work type stuff. Make sure you lock your truck when you're there, unless you want to prank the thieves with something crappy that looks good, like my 036 pro with internal corrosion that looks pristine. Take care be safe man.
It all went ok, the bad ones stay clear of me, I do my best to be polite,
But I keep my back to the wall

lumberjackchef

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Howdy all! Been busy as all get out, but wanted to make sure and extend an invitation you all...we will be carving at the Neosho, mo fall festival this weekend and will be bringing plenty of stuff to cut on (a few racing cants as well) if you want to come join us and run some saws we would be glad to see any and all!!!! We will be having a very simple "loggers relay" purely a "for fun" event, nothing serious. A mini gtg if you will! So come out and see us if ya can to have a good laugh......as we act a fool and make some saws dust.....

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

lumberjackchef

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We will be at Morse park. Directions in the bottom paragraph....
8027e20e648ffd2623103ca3b022c129.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning, gentlemen!

I've been offsite a while, Nancy has been sick again, thankfully she seems OK now. I took Emerson to an old car show in the park, and none other than Wayne the Train Hancock was playing there. So Emerson got to meet him, and now he talks about "Wayne the Train." I suppose I'll have to get a picture of him and put it on the front of one of Emerson's little train toys, so Wayne can pull right alongside Thomas and Percy.

The most impressive ride there was Everett Moore's 1960 Dodge Matador. White with the dual crossflow intake setup, a pair of four barrels. I'll try to get a coupleof pics up. Mr.Moore is a very nice older guy, and he said he redid the motor to run on unleaded by putting in some "swirl," and changing the compression. I hope to get a car of that vintage in a cople of years. Thinking on a circa 1960 Chrysler product, a circa 1950-54 Buick, or a 65-67 Goat. Those are the three I like best in general.

I have had two training rides so far for the Octoginta, an 80 mile bicycle ride around Douglas county. My asp is out of shape, but I did improve from last Monday to Sunday the other day. My old training style of push myself into the ground then rest five days stihl seems to work for me. The ride is this Sunday, my 58th birthday.

The Road King was a lot less effort, I'll tell ya.

Coffee is good.

Have a great day!
Wayne the train? lol because I'm Wayne and love trains! I chased this bad boy 60 miles when it last came through UP 844:

I had a 1964 Chrysler 300 K with a 413 that had that intake...
To open the hood and see the 4 barrel carbs sitting over the front wheel wells is an unmistakable site... Anyone that has never seen one looks at you with that WTF look...
Would still have it if it was not stolen from my front yard in CA
This makes me sad

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like trains. My wife used to ride them all the time when she was a child. My father sold the machinery to work on them to SanteFe and Burlington Northern.
But I have never gotten to ride one. Would like to someday.

Last edited:

teacherman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like trains. My wife used to ride them all the time when she was a child. My father sold the machinery to work on them to SanteFe and Burlington Northern.
But I have never gotten to ride one. Would like to someday.

I moved here from Chicago on the train in 1968. That summer we rode to LA on the Super Chief. That was very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro