heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up a large collection of Homelite documents some while back, more information was added after this photo was taken.

20181127_163922.jpg

I finally worked my way though it all and put together a nice assortment for my own use and find I have a lot of pieces left over including NPPL's (Numerical Parts Lists), IPL's, Technical Service Bulletins, and a few owners manuals. Included are saws, pumps,string trimmers, generators, other construction equipment, blowers, etc.

20200403_145745.jpg

20200403_145820.jpg

20200403_150039.jpg

If you would like any, or all of it, just pay the postage. Whatever does not get claimed will be burned or hauled to the land fill.

Mark

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Mark
Have you asked Ray if he wants needs any of it? He is an awesome resource for manuals ect,it would be great to preserve the information with someone who has the passion for it.
Once its gone its gone.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone know if there’s a bar oil adjuster for the 410? Oils heavily. Rather oil just enough. Short of a designed adjuster does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks, jerry

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No adjust on those Jerry. Maybe a smaller pick up screen or a smaller diameter oil pick up line. I've never tried to choke off the oil flow on any of the non adjustable oil pumps.
You might try stuffing a piece of smaller ID fuel line in the oil line.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No adjust on those Jerry. Maybe a smaller pick up screen or a smaller diameter oil pick up line. I've never tried to choke off the oil flow on any of the non adjustable oil pumps.
You might try stuffing a piece of smaller ID fuel line in the oil line.
Thanks tim

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone ever done a muff mod on a 410? Are there any gains to be had? If so, are they worth the effort?

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on a Homelite 750. Put a new intake boot in it, got it to fire once...then lost compression. had checked through intake and exhaust beforehand, and was clean.
looks like there was some thick residue...or something from sitting for quite some time...rings were stuck. Pulled cylinder, and was able to dislodge rings...clean and re-install. Pulls about 165 psi now.
One thing I did notice, was a noisy bottom end. When I had the cylinder off, I did notice a little surface rust on case bearings...so I plan on Replacing them. From the research I have done....original part numbers are...
70409a...which is also a Torrington DD-50477...and possibly a NDH 3204
70844....which also looks to be a fafnir 204KG C5
Looks like the NDH 3204, and the Fafnir are still available. Does this look correct? Plan on picking up the appropriate bearings and hopefully come across some new seals as well.

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought a xl 100 circular saw in what looks to be good condition. Gives indication that it needs seals replaced. Seal nos from ipl are 58688A and 56256. Anyone got info regarding AM seals (SKF, National, dictomatic, etc). Thanks, jerry

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a John Deere Model 17 here with a toasted top end. It's really a Remington PL4 which is basically a Homelite XL.

I understand a Homelite XL/SXL 46mm piston can be a direct replacement for the Remington 64302 and I'm leaning in that direction if the cylinder is salvageable. I see a couple aftermarket options out there but two different part numbers for SXL 46mm pistons. A68438 seems to be the prevalent number with a decent deal available from Sawzilla for their kit. A63648 is another one from a couple places, most notably LRB. Aside from LRB not exactly having the best customer service reputation and being known for selling junk, what's the difference between the two pistons / part numbers?

TIA for any help or clarification.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a John Deere Model 17 here with a toasted top end. It's really a Remington PL4 which is basically a Homelite XL.
Interesting because the list of saws patterned after The Homelite is almost impossible to track down .I have a PL 4 and Pl5 plus an Xl and several Lombards that all use that design .Poulan had one in the 60 cc range .It was either Joyce the chainsaw lady or an old dealer in this area said the design came from one person who slightly changed things for each manufacture so as not to impose on patents . I think they were made from like 30 some cc up to about 80 .

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep to all of that. A Homelite XL piston is supposed to be a direct drop in for the Remington PL4 / JD 17 according to a well informed source. Just gotta figure out which XL piston. LOL

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got seals done now have other issues

Anyone know what these are f0r? Searched in my homelite shop service manuals and the saw ipl to no avil

1. This is mounted on a hinge on the air box and is actuated by the connector shown in the 2nd pic that is connected to the throttle shaft, 3rd pic. It "opens" and "closes" as the throttle is opened/closed.

circular saw.jpg

circular saw - 2.jpg

circular saw - 3.jpg
2. This has a spring mounted to it that is also connected to the throttle . Seems to be in addition to the trigger spring to close the throttle.

circular saw - 4.jpg

I can't see where either of these are even useful but what do i know?

any help appreciated.

Last edited:

sweepleader

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got seals done now have other issues

Anyone know what these are f0r? Searched in my homelite shop service manuals and the saw ipl to no avil

1. This is mounted on a hinge on the air box and is actuated by the connector shown in the 2nd pic that is connected to the throttle shaft, 3rd pic. It "opens" and "closes" as the throttle is opened/closed.

View attachment 241702

View attachment 241704

View attachment 241705
2. This has a spring mounted to it that is also connected to the throttle . Seems to be in addition to the trigger spring to close the throttle.

View attachment 241706

I can't see where either of these are even useful but what do i know?

any help appreciated.

Its the governor. The air vane moves the throttle. The tiny spring connects to the throttle linkage and the two screw bracket adjusts the speed. Since this type of saw might spend a fair amount of time running with no load, it needs the speed control to hold the max rpm down.

Its similar to the XLBC Brush Cutter but that uses a long throttle cable, not the trigger the circular saw uses. Here is the IPL for the XL-120, it has the governor parts shown. The XLBC throttle closes the throttle via a spring when it is released, the cable is not connected to the carburetor when the trigger is pulled. I don't know if the XL-120 works the same, allowing the governor full control of the engine speed when under load. I have never seen a Homelite circular saw in the flesh, either XL-100 or XL-120. Leon has the IPL for both but the governor parts are only listed on the XL-120.

KIMG0012.jpg KIMG0014.jpg

Last edited:

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the seals replaced now got other issues.
Anyone know what the heck these are for? Searched in my homelite shop service manuals and the saw ipl to no avail

1. This is mounted on a hinge on the air box and is actuated by the 2nd pic that is connected to the throttle shaft. It “opens” and “closes” as the throttle is opened/closed

2. This has a spring mounted to it that is also connected to the throttle. Seems to be in addition to the trigger spring to close the throttle

I can’t see where either of these are even useful but what do I know?

Any help is appreciated