• Honda hp2

Results are only viewable after voting.

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have used both, with no problems at 32:1. Engines are wet with oil when torn down and no ash or residue on anything inside. Muffler screens and exhaust port have no fouling that I've had with other oils.
Here's my pros and cons of each.
Belray is blue and stains the mix gas an unmistakable blue color, but is more expensive. Less offensive odor that Dolmar or Stihl synth oils. Cost is about 98 cents an once.
Motul is orange in color, not much change in color from unmixed straight gas. Less expensive and it makes the least noxious fumes of any oil I've used. Some of the synth oils kinda make my sinuses burn after a couple of hours of run time. Cost is about 65 cents an once.

Oh yeah, one is made in America the other in France. They should stick to wine, cheese, and Mepps fishing lures.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The vp station in town has 3 types of klotz,motul 800,belray something.

The Polaris place has the same with gold spectro and 2t.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All the oil testing and research you've done Julian, what's the best protecting their is? I'm not looking for a shiny piston I'm looking for protection.

I think klotz super technoplate is it but what do you think. @Redbull661

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so far... and that's just it. So far. There are many oils left to test.

most oil on the piston skirt peering through the muffler - hp2

coolest running in a controlled test - hp2

fastest in my testing - hp2

fastest just based on feel none tested - either schaeffers or hp2

ran the best in controlled test - hp2

best wash pattern and least build up - schaeffers

cleanest top of jug - schaeffers

dirtiest piston top - so far tested - stihl ultra

Currently running mobil 1 and it's pretty nice. Just need to do some more controlled testing.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used both, with no problems at 32:1. Engines are wet with oil when torn down and no ash or residue on anything inside. Muffler screens and exhaust port have no fouling that I've had with other oils.
Here's my pros and cons of each.
Belray is blue and stains the mix gas an unmistakable blue color, but is more expensive. Less offensive odor that Dolmar or Stihl synth oils. Cost is about 98 cents an once.
Motul is orange in color, not much change in color from unmixed straight gas. Less expensive and it makes the least noxious fumes of any oil I've used. Some of the synth oils kinda make my sinuses burn after a couple of hours of run time. Cost is about 65 cents an once.

Oh yeah, one is made in America the other in France. They should stick to wine, cheese, and Mepps fishing lures.
Motul 800 off-road is red in color. You might be using the other 800 with the street bike pic on the front. It has a higher viscosity than the off-road....closer to Klotz tech.

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I had some of that. I mixed it with R50,800 2T RR, Bel Ray H1R and white gas to make fire starter. Pretty damn expensive fire starter.