huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our company just got a 55 gallon drum of Echo Red Armor. I might save my money and use their oil now that they quit using Stihl Ultra.
Never used it, but everything I've ever heard here and elsewhere has been positive

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
8:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The smell of the hp is unbearable to me.

Klotz benol on the other hand is a beautiful smell to me,especially mixed with vp 93

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ya I don't feel stihl ultra has any reason to be in this thread. It stinks and left a black oily sootie mess on everything the exhaust touched.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you like it Brian? I've considered using it, its cheap and readily available.
saw runs good on it ,nice idle zippy response in throttle ,so far i like it once i got the carb dialed

Looks scary dry to me,I like things juicy.
look in the exhaust port itis wet ,if i piss rev that saw it goes over 16 k

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The only oil I won't use is stihl,I've seen to many saws fried from it. I like whatever you are using as long as you are happy with it and that should be good enough.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Damnit, Jim, I'm a glazier not a mechanic.

Alright, I've run Stihl in both my saws since new. I didn't want to be a wiener but it burns my eyes horribly and this talk of burned up saws freaks me out.

Give me a easily obtainable oil and a ratio.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly I run anything including sthil if it's free I just don't like stihl never lost a saw due to it though

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 best oils Ive used to date- Klotz Super Techniplate and Maxima K2. The Klotz mixes and pours easily, smells great, protects great, combust great. I cant ask for anymore than what the Klotz Super does compared to all the oils Ive used. One of the only oils I havent tried is the DuMonde

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used super tech also ace hardware texaco husqy stihl the store brands are all made by another company so typically it's pretty decent stuff

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to sound stupid but how can you know which is the best do you keep your saw on the same oil for set hours then tear it down? I'm legitimately asking as my saws get served whatever I have or can get cheap or quickly

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
2 best oils Ive used to date- Klotz Super Techniplate and Maxima K2. The Klotz mixes and pours easily, smells great, protects great, combust great. I cant ask for anymore than what the Klotz Super does compared to all the oils Ive used. One of the only oils I havent tried is the DuMonde
I don't believe you will beat super technoplate for protection it's simply outstanding oil.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
40:1 Walmart supertech it really is good oil and it's bright blue when mixed.
Dammit dude. Every time you say that, lightening hits right next to me house. Most guys aren't fans of using it in a saw.
I was at my logger friend's house today cutting him some firewood. He's got a boneyard of 385, 390, 394, and 395. Broken plastics, broken fins, and some smashed. About 10 cases with smashed cylinders mounted on them. All with a good cylinder and piston inside. It just burns sooty. The pistons have a black powdery layer on top. That oil is all he uses.
I used it for years before I learned I wasn't supposed to. The whole "$10/gallon" thing has caught the eye of most loggers. They wear out every other part of a saw before the motor.