High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has Anyone Here Ever Bought A Saw From Kenny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's what I don't understand. Why stonewall on that request? If I was in Kenny's position and I was on the up and up, I'd relish providing proof and I'm sure Randy would like to be proven wrong on this because there have been far to many scammers here in the past already. I don't understand the secretive behavior. To me it doesn't prove he is a scammer but it also does nothing in his favor either.

Don't make sense, it's hard for some people.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't make sense, it's hard for some people.
If he is a real honest saw builder, in my mind its only two things that I can think of that would make a person not want to show the work. One, afraid of getting ragged on over something about their work or they think they are really on to something revolutionary and want to keep it a secret.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although new to this forum, I'm not new to forums in general. Been on them since 2005.
Ive been following this entire ordeal. Being newish here, I'd like to offer my opinion for anyone that gives a chit.

Soliciting services at said price points with no proof of service quality is a no go. Anyone that would think otherwise and purchase said work without proof, is being ignorant and asking for a failed transaction. Being nontransparent with your quality of work is a red flag in my opinion.
Example, I don't hire an electrician to roof my house unless he shows me previous roofing jobs and the tools required to complete said roof project. Even then, he better be at a better price point because he isn't an expert in that field.

The same goes for saws I personally rebuild. I don't have a reputation rebuilding saws. But I've sold quite a few of which cases have been split. And when I do so, I take ample pictures and videos of the reassembly process to show a potential buyer everything that has been completed. Transparency...

Maybe there is, and I don't know it, but a rule could be established saying, "solicitation of work is not allowed unless being posted in the LF port work thread." Anyone not following this rule gets banned. AND with that, people that want to advertise work in that section must pay to promote (which most already do<I think>).
That would required the proof to be in the pudding before ever taking a bite.

(I failed a math test once because even though I knew how to do the trigonometry in my head and on my calculator, I didn't show my work.)
Welcome
I also am new to this forum
I'm not knocking Kenny
I just don't see why Kenny just doesn't
Send a few saws or even topends
I've bought just ported topends from builder's.
Out to some tree guy's to run them
Just to get some exposure and some rep going.
Not to me
Too damn hot to cut.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
and we all took hell in the beginning and for some that gave me hell i havent forgotten them
Logical reasonable people make decisions based on what they know or think they know. Extra reasonable people hold back and wait for more info and both sides. Crazy people continue on with their opinions regardless of information.

Something to consider is potential long term effects of people getting called out. On one side, maybe a couple buyers get ripped off for a few hundred $ until it’s caught. On the other hand, if we falsely accuse someone and ruin their rep, the effects are much larger and longer term for them.

We all must strive to have long fuses, slow to speak, quick to think...

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I actually did offer up the opportunity to send a saw with one of his cylinders to at least one or two g2g’s. I plan on going to stump shots and Kevin’s or Randy’s maybe both. I told him if he sends a cylinder for my round top 066 which is the same as a 660 I would install his top end and bring it with. I’d let everyone run it and then when all done send it back if he wants. I told him to take pictures of the cylinder and mark the top of it so after it’s all over he could post photos on here and I’d post a matching set of the cylinder after I removed from my saw. He seemed open to the idea but I’ve heard nothing definitive yet.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Logical reasonable people make decisions based on what they know or think they know. Extra reasonable people hold back and wait for more info and both sides. Crazy people continue on with their opinions regardless of information.

Something to consider is potential long term effects of people getting called out. On one side, maybe a couple buyers get ripped off for a few hundred $ until it’s caught. On the other hand, if we falsely accuse someone and ruin their rep, the effects are much larger and longer term for them.

i was referring to the jms fiasco
on this one i do not know everything going on so i am not giving a opinion

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

on the long fuse thing i dont have one when i can see the *B-S.... going on
and im sure others are that way also
but i do not know much information on this situation

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I knew Jason Stratton was a scum bag in short order.

Fukk a long fuse. My mouth lost me some internet friends but saved more people from getting hosed, I don't regret that one bit.

I didn't join a chainsaw forum to make friends. I have plenty in real life, I joined to learn more about the craft and do business with people, if I happened to make a few friends along the way then that's great...which I have..I've met some solid dudes on these forums.

I still think other people knew he was a *s-wordbag and kept their mouth shut..it didn't do anyone any favors...

It's like Terry Landrum..I had 3 good deals with that dude, but that didn't take away from the people that he did screw..I wasn't gonna take up for the guy just because I didn't personally have any problems with him. He got what he deserved.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would think if everything was on the up and up that he would chime in and talk with us. It doesn't need to be a war. He's been here a long time. But just to show his face and be open and honest and communicate would go a long way with the people...I would think.

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...little off topic, but

Does anyone know where I could rent 4 pigs around the greater Dead Skunk Junction area? What is a typical deposit?

I got a "thing" coming up....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back to the original reason for this thread.

Has anyone on this forum bought a saw from Kenny? Has anyone ran a saw that he ported? Has anyone even seen a saw that he ported? Ever?

So far we've went 10 pages.

And not a single person has yet to chime in and tell us that yes.....they bought a saw from Kenny. Nobody has popped in to tell us about that ported saw of his that they ran at a gtg.

Not a soul.

Who here thinks I should just let this go and let him keep trolling for that first customer in private? Maybe a new member will show up and be the first guy. Are you guys ok with that?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...little off topic, but

Does anyone know where I could rent 4 pigs around the greater Dead Skunk Junction area? What is a typical deposit?

I got a "thing" coming up....
I've heard that for every 5 saws you have ported by @Mastermind you get a hog rent-free for a day. I believe the typical deposit is a sand-cast Poulan (a Wild Thing encrusted with sandbox sand will do), and the std. rate is $100 per day.
Back to the original reason for this thread.

Has anyone on this forum bought a saw from Kenny? Has anyone ran a saw that he ported? Has anyone even seen a saw that he ported? Ever?

So far we've went 10 pages.

And not a single person has yet to chime in and tell us that yes.....they bought a saw from Kenny. Nobody has popped in to tell us about that ported saw of his that they ran at a gtg.

Not a soul.

Who here thinks I should just let this go and let him keep trolling for that first customer in private? Maybe a new member will show up and be the first guy. Are you guys ok with that?
I believe until proof is offered no pm soliciting should be allowed, hell, until he gets the proper membership stuffs no soliciting of any kind should be allowed. However, if one solidly-established member wants to get a Lightnin' saw for testing purposes they should be allowed to WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT ONLY THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES SOUTH. If it is da bomb and done right, I say we'd all owe Kenny an apology. If it's JMS pt. II, ban him.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My bad I see he kinda responded in the bench thread. If he's trying to sell port work on the Internet, I don't why at least a few pictures would be too much to ask. I would like to see an idea of what I'm getting for a few hundred bucks. Even if it's only pics. I paint cars. I try and always have something around whether a motorcycle, car, etc that I've done to show people my work. And that's dealing with people in person not the Internet. How else would people know what to expect? It's by proof or a good reputation of said work. My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.