• Total voters

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Swing the X27. Much easier. Swing it all day.
You'll thank me later...
X27 good for 90% of the rounds you split.

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Find a bigger tire so you can do more at a time. I have a 30 inch low profile truck tire. Cut the tire from the rim lip over the side wall, across the tread right through to the other rim edge so that it is a "C" shape instead of on "O' shape for stretch-fitting with rounds and for easier unloading.

ryan a

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like Ash. Lol

I think so.

Again, just pick up scrounged wood, split, and sell. Good side gig. I’m A public school teacher not making a ton of $$. Every bit helps.

I enjoy the excersize and nothing like the crack of a one hit split with the maul.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do the same Ryan. Hand splitting gets rid of frustrations and is good exercise. Lol

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here, hand split all my wood. I have a maul I use to split big rounds into manageable quarters and eighths, then I use an x25 to split those chunks into firewood sized pieces. Most of what I get has really straight grain. The wood that is knotty or too hard to split gets noodled. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with firewood so this may change.
Aside from generating heat, its about getting exercise and straightening out the space between my ears - my wife calls it chainsaw therapy.

I forgot to add, I split it as soon as I can. If its green, it gets split. I have a lot to learn so that may change too..

Last edited:

KcChiefs2019

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Kiwioilboiler

Comparison of four axes including my old faithful dragon slayer (the 1.8kg head).
40" handles on all except the 1.2kg head which has a 32" handle. If u only would have ran around all hyped up on 8 days of sugar consumed in 1 while calling ur self a grifter folks. I’m sure I may have gotten confused and sent u a $20 spot super chat....

Fairly knotty green turkey oak, freshly bucked, random rounds so that every ax should have encountered a knot or two.