Get well soon, Brad Snelling.

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
6:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you so much guys. I saw this thread about 11:00 last night but was too worn out to read it. I waited until today when I could appreciate it. I'm doing AMAZINGLY well. I was eating crackers and yogurt midnight after the operation. I ate three meals the following day. I was up walking around, like to the restroom and back, and taking care of the bag myself the day after surgery. I went home on the 2nd day after. Right now, it's been 15 hours since I had any kind of pain meds. I've been told that I'll be off work for 4-6 weeks, but I'm thinking it'll be less than that.

The most amusing part of this is that I now make unannounced bodily sounds, totally out of my control. Imagine that while setting in an open office with nothing more than short cube walls, or while setting in a meeting! Oh my, lol! I now have an excuse :)

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey @blsnelling, "while they were in there", did they happen to test for Celiac Disease?
Yes, a month or two ago.

I ended up in the ER with a 102.6 fever a couple weeks ago. A lot of cultures were grown to test for both blood and bowel infections and nothing grew. It was solely from inflammation in my colon. The colon was so swollen that it was almost adhered to the spleen. I knew that I had been getting fatter and fatter, yet not gaining weight. It looks like I had liposuction :)

Last edited:

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, a month or two ago. I ended up in the ER with a 102.6 fever a couple weeks ago. A lot of cultures were grown to test for both blood and bowel infections and nothing grew. It was solely from inflammation in my colon. The colon was so swollen that it was almost adhered to the spleen. I knew that I had been getting fatter and fatter, yet not gaining weight. It looks like I had liposuction :)
The only effective way to test for Celiac is do a biopsy.
Sounds like they had that under control.
My entire household lives with Celiac.
It's not fun.