Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we're extending I would also like to change my donation. To help get over the line. I will give details if the decision is made. :) However, I'm sure we all appreciate that @Johnmn might not want to, and I don't think anyone would hold it against him. I think it's amazing, what happens on here when everyone gets together. Grateful to be a part of it.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is the consensus that everyone wants to extend this a little bit longer?
Since school started and everything that goes along with that my time is greatly reduced but will do my best if that’s what the members would like.

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
2:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Johnmn, Totally up to you sir. You are the ringleader on this raffle. If your time is short then call it. Whatever decision you make I'm sure we all will follow. Thx you sir!!

Last edited:

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't imagine all the pm's you get every day with donations. There is no way that I could deal with what you are going through. You've done a awesome job with the fundraiser! Please do what's easiest for you!

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
John, please do what ever is easiest for you. I didn’t mean to cause any problems. We can always hit the GFM for the Linn’s outside the raffle.
No problems on my end Duane I am happy to help with this raffle.

How about I let you guys know in the morning what the plan is?
If we do extend it does anyone have a length of time suggestion or just until it hits 40k?

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not poopooing anything, but we are quickly approaching Thanksgiving and Christmas, money will start to tighten for most. I’m down for whatever, but knowing what I know, that could be March of next year if we are targeting $40k.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Technically, extending a raffle is changing the terms, so that's a bit sticky, but should it be decided to go that route an extension of "reasonable duration" should be in place. I would guess one or two weeks might be acceptable, beyond that might be pushing it, it depends...

I don't know the terms of this raffle and am not trying to say what should be done one way or the other, I donated because it is a good cause and also kind of fun. Just mentioning it because next time there's a raffle you'd probably want people to have a good memory of them going well in general, however that's interpreted by the members.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the terms here as far as raffles go (correct me if I’m wrong mods or admin) are to maximize the benefit for the recipient. Timing however greatly affects the amount of donations.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personally I feel it should kept loosely within a week or two (due to fit in with holiday/work or illness etc) of the original agreed date. Otherwise it could run on and on and as it’s been said before, guys will have other commitments coming sooner or later.

After all hitting 36k of a 40k target is pretty awesome of you guys, I am really impressed .

I know this probably disagrees with a few guys, and I guess there’s a few that will go along with the heard.

Anyhow, this is just my thoughts and I’m happy with whatever the final decision is.

Cheers

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No problems on my end Duane I am happy to help with this raffle.

How about I let you guys know in the morning what the plan is?
If we do extend it does anyone have a length of time suggestion or just until it hits 40k?
How about we let this thing run until 6:00am 9/30. That gives folks a few more opportunities to get in on the raffle without dragging it out. That also would put you in a spot where you can still do the drawing on a weekend.