High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

God be with Stevetheboatguy and his family

tspeedle

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oh no! I just read this, I am lost for words, what a tragic turn of events. So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with his family!

Steve was such a nice guy and helping me out quite a few times with shipping stuff over, bought a few saws from him as well. So sad.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve was a great resource on most things boats. Always freely gave opinions and advice, saved me a bundle on talking me out of a purchase that he didn't consider a good idea. I think of him and his advice every time I look at a boat listing, he will be missed here but profoundly by his family. Will need to see what I have that can be donated.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is terrible news. I just spoke with him a few weeks ago on a sweet Coleman score that he made. Called me just to make me tell him he sucked! LoL! Damn, he was super excited about camping with his kids this year too. Prayers sent for his family.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys I wasn't sure what to write so just see the below message from Steve's dad, his name is Tim.

Hi John, I keep going back to the "OPE "site to get a little comfort. I know that folks like you and others on that site are hard working ,people of character and are probably the types that don't take b.s. . Knowing that you guys welcomed him into your community makes my heart swell. I keep pestering uou but if you could let everyone know how much I really really appreciate their kindness and generosity. Thanks

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sad news for sure. My thoughts are with his family.

I did not know Steve, but he seemed to be a genuinely good guy that was willing to help out a fellow member if he could.

I'll poke around in the shop and come up with something for the raffle and kick in a few shekels to the gofundme as well.

Last edited:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I received a call today that nobody wants to get. Some of you knew him personally, some probably just knew of him. @Stevetheboatguy dad called me today to let me know that he passed away unexpectedly. To those that knew him Steve was a husband, a father, a brother and a son. Steve was also a great guy, a good friend, a great boat engine resource and a solid member to our chainsaw community.
If your into it please pray for or send positive vibes to Steve's family in this very difficult time.

I will be discussing some options with @Mastermind on how to we can help his family. More to follow on that.

Man I'm sorry to hear this. Thank u for posting.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another message from Steve's dad.

Hi John, if any of the crew is interested Steven's visitation will be Aug 9th and Aug 10th for celebration of life. Orangeville Methodist church in Illinous. Orangeville is about 35 miles west of Rockford il.
Thanks for all the good you have done

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for letting us know John.
Steve was a great guy, awesome part of him was shared directly with so many here, and will continue to be here through his posts.
Prayers sent for the family.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Terrible news. I just saw this. I loved talking to Steve. We talked chainsaws, kids and boats. He was instrumental in me finding a new boat during covid when everything was shutting down. He contacted a bunch of his friends in the business and the guys I spoke with thought so highly of him. He really went out of his way to help me. He will be missed.

TomF

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I met Steve this past winter when he came up to my house to buy a snowmobile. He was a stand up guy…can’t believe he is gone 😩. I have a saw of his here that is on my list to port (husky 257 with a bunch of 262 parts) I have a feeling his family would rather have some money than a saw, so this one will most likely go toward a fundraiser.
Please count me in when you are ready, Tom