From Another Part Of The Saw World, The Latest Muffler Mod Concept

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the real requirements here is spark arrestors, especially those who cut in the State Forest lands professionally. I never cared around my farm, but two of my "friends" I build saws for see that as a requirement :( Another for the ones in the more populated area's is noise. So one thing I see in a design like that box is an easy way to adjust the outlet for both additional mods and more importantly for here, spark arrestor screens. Hyway's muffler option on the AM saws I've done work really well for a whole variety of reasons. From looking professional to noise pressure. Good stuff. And they are cheap

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the real requirements here is spark arrestors, especially those who cut in the State Forest lands professionally. I never cared around my farm, but two of my "friends" I build saws for see that as a requirement :( Another for the ones in the more populated area's is noise. So one thing I see in a design like that box is an easy way to adjust the outlet for both additional mods and more importantly for here, spark arrestor screens. Hyway's muffler option on the AM saws I've done work really well for a whole variety of reasons. From looking professional to noise pressure. Good stuff. And they are cheap
Probably stihls next gen saws will have sensors for exhaust flow.
Shut down if muff modded or something
Who knows.upload_2020-12-10_19-42-46.png
Are you going to get a 500i?
I'm not interested

Rotty781

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you seen redbull661’s test with his 661. It was with a single port through quad port and then finished off with no muffler. Quad port had the best time and no muffler wasn’t far behind. Times weren’t far apart all through the test. Definitely an interesting video to watch and by no means a small log.

woodfarmer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rather like the idea of a removable, ported cover instead of putting another hole in the side of the muffler. I just got my 500i and would like to try the barkbox. Right now they’re a bit pricey, will cost me $100 can. bucks to get one to me.

Rotty781

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I rather like the idea of a removable, ported cover instead of putting another hole in the side of the muffler. I just got my 500i and would like to try the barkbox. Right now they’re a bit pricey, will cost me $100 can. bucks to get one to me.
Not sure if you like them or not but check out Egan performance same concept and half the cost might like it

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not really sure just see a lot of talk on fb about them Honestly have never used one but looks like a similar design sure looks heavier built anyway
They aren’t gonna dent anytime soon. Probably a little bit too heavy even. He gets $60 shipped in the US for them

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be cool to get one tested on Dyno and compare it to the Bark Box. On the 550i that was already tested.

Rotty781

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It would be cool to get one tested on Dyno and compare it to the Bark Box. On the 550i that was already tested.
There’s claims of .5 hp but seems high to me guess you can say what ever you want. K&n post 35hp air filter lol

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He did have it tested on Joe’s dyno, I believe. I’m sure he can answer for certain, but I believe the bark box added just a little bit and Jason’s cover added .5 to .6 hp.