Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where the heck is ol Fabz when ya need some good old fashioned common sense commentary anyways?
He's still mad at me
He's on master blasters forum.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crack Pipe Muffler? Facebook is just another platform, folks who are interested can land anywhere.... even here. Facebook for it's part has explosive growth on some of these pages :) There is a message in that somewhere I'm sure

You're a long respected guy here sir. We know there is a lot of types out there. I'm not a Facebooker -- I know some are. It IS definitely a large platform. In our area some guys selling have went totally to facebook.
They say craigslist is dead. Thanks for posting.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're a long respected guy here sir. We know there is a lot of types out there. I'm not a Facebooker -- I know some are. It IS definitely a large platform. In our area some guys selling have went totally to facebook.
They say craigslist is dead. Thanks for posting.
Of course there always is good news and bad news with "new" things. In this case I think the good news is this time in this instance FB has been a source of discussion and entertainment :)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Other than a properly made tuned pipe, you will make more power in an empty can, was what a racing R&D guy told me years ago.

The concept for empty cans is typically labeled as "pressure cans" , a pressure rise defined by the volume / velocity / temperature of gas exiting the exhaust port, the volume of the can , and then pressure drop controlled by the exit diameter :) All timed right can actually help depending it matches the design of the REST of that gas pump of a motor right? As compared to the pipe which is about sucking more mixture out into the exhaust, then using pressure wave to jam pack it back in at the right time, all timed with the change in x-section over the length of the pipe "reflecting" the first negative then timed right positive pressure waves back at that poor little exhaust hole.

Both concepts are about scavenging and hoping to end up with more combustible mix in the combustion chamber when all the holes close right?? I think the "crack pipe" is about convincing you that motor has more mixture is in there and then should u disagree make enough noise no one can think straight enough to know!

Last edited:

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know much about much, but if you google Helmholtz Resonator.....

Honda for one use dead-end pipes in the intake tract of autos to tune or sound deaden.

There may, just may, be something to it.