From Another Part Of The Saw World, The Latest Muffler Mod Concept

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found this on a popular Facebook Chainsaw site, the designer claims this is the "New" hot concept to make your saw rip, probably has to be constructed to exacting measurements; what do you think? :)

ironhorsemuff.jpg

Last edited:

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crack Pipe Muffler? Facebook is just another platform, folks who are interested can land anywhere.... even here. Facebook for it's part has explosive growth on some of these pages :) There is a message in that somewhere I'm sure

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It might work, never know. :) Who's interested in trying one? And be interested to argue it's merits.. :) Not going to bend when stuffed into the wood... that's good. "Bumper pipe" . Not going to be blocked when rolled into big wood like cookie cut muffler mods. And vents the exhaust away from your face to the PTO side when felling a big tree....that's three good things.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like a cylinder bolt breaker to me if you put too much tension on it.
Seems like it would be unbearable loud
The most tolerable saws I have have a second deflector as close as I could get it
Down to the body of the saw
Towards the clutch side.
The 266/268/272 are not much louder at all.
Unless I'm already nearly deaf
From a echo 590 I opened up to much.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It might work, never know. :) Who's interested in trying one? And be interested to argue it's merits.. :) Not going to bend when stuffed into the wood... that's good. "Bumper pipe" . Not going to be blocked when rolled into big wood like cookie cut muffler mods. And vents the exhaust away from your face to the PTO side when felling a big tree....that's three good things.

Other than a properly made tuned pipe, you will make more power in an empty can, was what a racing R&D guy told me years ago.