wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
9:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"All cats are gray in the dark."
B. Franklin describing the relative unimportance of appearance when courting a woman.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"You make your own luck!"

- Battlecry of the perpetually lucky...

the GOAT

87, k2 40:1
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nearly everyone I know (including me) believes they should be more self-disciplined. And one very simple definition of self-discipline is "doing what you know you need to do." This is where Morita therapy can be very helpful, because it eliminates the complexity of trying to get your feelings/thoughts in sync with your actions. How do you feel when you get out of bed in the morning? I almost always feel tired, lethargic, heavy, sluggish. When I get out of bed (usually around 5:30am) I virtually never feel energetic and raring to go! But I take my feelings of tiredness a
I don't believe that life is supposed to make you feel good, or make you feel miserable either. Life is just supposed to make you feel.
Hack fiction e
A writer is someone for whom writing is much harder than it is for the others.
xploits curiosi
And he who has one enemy shall meet him everywhere.
ty without rea
The greatest saints and sinners have been made The proselytes of one another's trade.
lly satisfying i
You may know
Never raise your hand to your children; it leaves your midsection unprotected.
for a certainty
People must not be forced to adopt me as their favourite author, even for their own good.
that if your wo
Whenever I hear people talking about liberal ideas, I am always astounded that men should love to fool themselves with empty sounds. An idea should never be liberal; it must be vigorous, positive, and without loose ends so that it may fulfill its divine mission and be productive. The proper place for liberality is in the realm of the emotions.
rk is becoming uninteresting, so are you; for work is an inanimate thing and can be made lively and interesting only by injecting yourself into it. Your job is only as big as you are.t or making co
Said after she had been seriously ill: The doctors were very brave about it.
nnections bet
Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough.
ween it and an
The sublime and the ridiculous are often so nearly related, that it is difficult to class them separately. One step above the sublime makes the ridiculous, and one step above the ridiculous makes the sublime again.
ything else in
Regarding Ch
Old age was simply a delightful time, when the old people sat on the sunny doorsteps, playing in the sun with the children, until they fell asleep. At last they failed to wake up.
ristianity: Ten
Plainness has its peculiar temptations quite as much as beauty.
thousand diffi
Most of life is routine - dull and grubby, but routine is the momentum that keeps a man going. If you wait for inspiration you'll be standing on the corner after the parade is a mile down the street.
culties do not
Don't refuse to go on an occasional wild goose chase. That is what wild geese are made for.
make one dou
Dog's lives are too short, their only fault really.
bt.
Nothing in man is more serious than his sense of humor; it is the sign that he wants all the truth.
the world.
If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once a week; for perhaps the parts of my brain now atrophied would have thus been kept active through use. The loss of these tastes is a loss of happiness, and may possibly be inj
In general, pri
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.
de is at the bo
Men seldom give pleasure when they are not pleased themselves.
ttom of all great mistakes.urious to the intellect, and more probably to the moral character, by enfeebling the emotional part of our nature.nd sluggishness with me as I leave my bed and walk to the bathroom. This is what Morita therapy is trying to teach us – to take our unpleasant feelings with us as we do what is important to do. Rather than allow our lives to be directed by our feelings, we are guided by the important purposes that present themselves as we move forward. Feelings don't get discarded, but neither do they run the show.

the GOAT

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You fight dandelions all weekend, and late Monday afternoon there they are, pert as all get out, in full and gorgeous bloom, pretty as can be, thriving as only dandelions can in the face of adversity.

the GOAT

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant.

the GOAT

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.

the GOAT

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.

the GOAT

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tell me something, my friend. Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?