High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
2:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend of mine just purchased about 50 acres and is eventually going to put a few houses up. In the mean time he is selling and hauling the sand that he has to get rid of. So before the he clear cuts he is letting us take some wood out. Some of the nicest wood I’ve ever cut. Almost too nice. I had the excavator to use which is like cheating. Lol.
5f0036bdcc709682244d39b7e5702c31.jpg
c4e3ac5bd36d5ae7769493a288f4f8bb.jpg
72d28a8e319fe6191fdec7f964e10c3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! Some of that needs to go to the mill.

I think much of it will when all is said and done. I just have to get it before he gets in a rush.

I might keep a couple logs to try out milling I’ve been wanting to try it ,might buy a cheap chainsaw mill to make some oak slabs. i’ll figure out something to make with it when they are dry. Lol

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple of years ago I cleared five 1 acre lots for a builder. Lots of good wood, but also lots of crap wood. Gotta takem all when your clearing the lots.
Didn't clear the full acre, but the specific areas that he mapped off.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Couple of years ago I cleared five 1 acre lots for a builder. Lots of good wood, but also lots of crap wood. Gotta takem all when your clearing the lots.
Didn't clear the full acre, but the specific areas that he mapped off.

Yeah got to take it. Took a poplar tree or 2. I’ll burn that next fall. I guess we are meeting on Monday to see which direction he wants to start clearing

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How was that Elm to split. Took an elm down on my property and god was it a snarky string mess.

Not too bad, I burn about 80-90% elm in the winter, I've found the best time to split it, is in the dead of winter when it's frozen, pops right apart cleanly. In summer it can be more difficult to work with.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not too bad, I burn about 80-90% elm in the winter, I've found the best time to split it, is in the dead of winter when it's frozen, pops right apart cleanly. In summer it can be more difficult to work with.

Ok yeah that makes sense. Good thinking.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do You want help with that?

Set up a tent and organize a chainsaw GTG, I'd be tempted to attend! :)

I was thinking about doing that one year Wilhelm good idea

Just for legal purposes in the making of this log pile only Dolmars
Where used for the cutting of these trees

No others brands where harmed or violated in this event

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
7:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yeah elm is a pig in summer I gotta load of it too split so winter it is

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend of mine just purchased about 50 acres and is eventually going to put a few houses up. In the mean time he is selling and hauling the sand that he has to get rid of. So before the he clear cuts he is letting us take some wood out. Some of the nicest wood I’ve ever cut. Almost too nice. I had the excavator to use which is like cheating. Lol.
5f0036bdcc709682244d39b7e5702c31.jpg
c4e3ac5bd36d5ae7769493a288f4f8bb.jpg
72d28a8e319fe6191fdec7f964e10c3e.jpg

I would take the opportunity and stockpile as much as possible, especially if I had heavy equipment like You do.

I'm a little envious, I have to buy every piece of decent firewood I burn.
The only "free" firewood around here involves a whole lot a work like brush clearing and orchard maintenance.

I am trying to get more friendly with my neighbor who runs his own company for firewood sales and distribution.
My general agenda is to continue getting high quality large diameter firewood logs whenever I place a order.
Through some small talk I came to realize that he is also selling processed firewood (bucked & split) so I am considering to get in on the game as time allows, get more run time on my saws and possibly make some cash on the side.
I took a stack of his business cards which I will hand out to my acquaintances and whoever asks about firewood.
I got him a new customer within 24 hours, just took the cash for the order and the customers info to him.
He said he'll have to repay me by delivering a little extra on my next purchase, we'll see how that goes.

What I kinda don't like is that he pointed me to two for sale ads on Facebook, one for a Dolmar PS-7900 and one for a Dolmar PS-5000 - the PS-5000 is even close enough for personal pickup. wacko.gif
I DON'T NEED ANOTHER SAW ... ,
But damn it I sure WANT both of them! bonkers.gif

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking about doing that one year Wilhelm good idea

Just for legal purposes in the making of this log pile only Dolmars
Where used for the cutting of these trees

No others brands where harmed or violated in this event
That's because Dolmar's are the only brand that don't break down when You need them the most, all other brands are just for occasional "play" and "cants" . . . :rolleyes:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would take the opportunity and stockpile as much as possible, especially if I had heavy equipment like You do.

I'm a little envious, I have to buy every piece of decent firewood I burn.
The only "free" firewood around here involves a whole lot a work like brush clearing and orchard maintenance.

I am trying to get more friendly with my neighbor who runs his own company for firewood sales and distribution.
My general agenda is to continue getting high quality large diameter firewood logs whenever I place a order.
Through some small talk I came to realize that he is also selling processed firewood (bucked & split) so I am considering to get in on the game as time allows, get more run time on my saws and possibly make some cash on the side.
I took a stack of his business cards which I will hand out to my acquaintances and whoever asks about firewood.
I got him a new customer within 24 hours, just took the cash for the order and the customers info to him.
He said he'll have to repay me by delivering a little extra on my next purchase, we'll see how that goes.

What I kinda don't like is that he pointed me to two for sale ads on Facebook, one for a Dolmar PS-7900 and one for a Dolmar PS-5000 - the PS-5000 is even close enough for personal pickup. View attachment 140603
But damn it I sure WANT both of them! View attachment 140605

The excavator is the land owners and I would never have asked but he offered. I made sure it was far away from the trees I was cutting.

I am going to get in there every chance I get.
He was away this weekend so I am meeting him tomorrow to see what trees he wants down next. Temps here are starting to come down a little. So go go goooo! Lol

Getting your neighbor business should work out well for you. As far as him feeding your CAD. That’s another scenario all together. [emoji23]

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Especially that day it was a 3 T-shirt day. I was fugging drenched it was so humid. I still had a Lyft around into the bucket to make efficient trips back to the trailer but cutting them up in the air like that is dreamy