High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood thread!!! Let's see what you got!!!!

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We picked them up. Over exertion of the back, haha. Sometimes if they soak up water you gotta do the step system! Getting those big toads in the bed of a lifted pickup is kinda a pain.

That is why I like putting a winch in the truck bed or over it to pull things in. One time I used a bed winch to pull a huge oak over after I cut it when the 2" hinge wood was still keeping it up.

Love the heavy equipment pictures, maybe one day I will get at least a skid steer.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
thanks Jeff it’s always good too share around different ideas
Here's how I do mine to bring to the woodshed, no need to make it any more work than it already is :).
Pics from this spring.
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.43.20 AM.png
The shed is full, this is just one side(for winter of 22/23), it's one winter for us.
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.45.12 AM.png
You can see the front of the shed in this picture, not sure what happened to my picture of only the front of the shed?
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.56.05 AM.png
Then when I'm splitting into the pile out front.
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.47.49 AM.png

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's how I do mine to bring to the woodshed, no need to make it any more work than it already is :).
Pics from this spring.
View attachment 304921
The shed is full, this is just one side(for winter of 22/23), it's one winter for us.
View attachment 304924
You can see the front of the shed in this picture, not sure what happened to my picture of only the front of the shed?
View attachment 304925
View attachment 304926
Looking good Brett! :clap:

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics from this spring.
View attachment 304921
View attachment 304924
View attachment 304925
View attachment 304926

thats a good set up you got going there nice lot of wood

HuskyHead

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pics from this spring.
View attachment 304921
View attachment 304924
View attachment 304925
View attachment 304926

How do you like those clamp on pallet forks for moving logs? Been thinking about converting my pin bucket to SSQA or use another method for putting a grapple buff seeing how balanced that log looks those look appealing.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Brett! :clap:
Thanks man.
thats a good set up you got going there nice lot of wood
Thanks, getting better and better as time goes on.
How do you like those clamp on pallet forks for moving logs? Been thinking about converting my pin bucket to SSQA or use another method for putting a grapple buff seeing how balanced that log looks those look appealing.
They're okay. One advantage is you have a lot longer reach, you can also flick a log off them because they are so far from the pins(Bucket pins), it is also nice not having to bring a whole different attachment when you also need the bucket. Disadvantages are they move around on the bucket and because the bucket is still attached you loose quite a bit of the lifting capacity of your machine. Another issue is visibility with the bucket on, real difficult to see the fork tips unless you raise the bucket real high and then work them in, but visibility is low on a tractor when using forks anyway.
Couple stacks I did this spring with those forks, they are both higher than my loader will reach.
Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 12.01.39 AM.png

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pic of the mulberry for your viewing pleasure. Makes my back hurt looking at it. I couldn't even get the trailer to crank up after the weight came off the ball, fortunately I have and adjustable 2 way ball so I just lowered that.
15 rounds and 3 smallish sticks(8-12").
20210812_102312.jpg

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like enough weight that the tires are rubbing!

I have found on my trailers that are going to be carrying significant weight, having two jacks (preferably with dual wheels) is very useful. On single wheel jacks, I replace the OEM plastic wheels, which are usually just a bolt through plastic with no bearings, that tend to drag and crack under the so called "1000 pound" rating. I just remove the bolt and replace with a bigger one if needed, and use this type of poly wheel which has real needle bearings. You just have to remember to grease them every once in a while.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200849151_200849151

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like enough weight that the tires are rubbing!

I have found on my trailers that are going to be carrying significant weight, having two jacks (preferably with dual wheels) is very useful. On single wheel jacks, I replace the OEM plastic wheels, which are usually just a bolt through plastic with no bearings, that tend to drag and crack under the so called "1000 pound" rating. I just remove the bolt and replace with a bigger one if needed, and use this type of poly wheel which has real needle bearings. You just have to remember to grease them every once in a while.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200849151_200849151
They do rub when I get a heavy load on there. I have two small hydraulic floor jacks in the truck and the factory jack. Also for getting the trailer off, I could have gotten one of two larger floor jacks from the driveway :).
I'm working on building another trailer, when it's done that one will most likely get sent down the rd, I also bought another 20' steel trailer too.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They do rub when I get a heavy load on there. I have two small hydraulic floor jacks in the truck and the factory jack. Also for getting the trailer off, I could have gotten one of two larger floor jacks from the driveway :).
I'm working on building another trailer, when it's done that one will most likely get sent down the rd, I also bought another 20' steel trailer too.
I try to carry a floor jack in both my trailer and truck. One time I got my Bronco II stuck on an ATV trail and the thing that saved me was the floor jack and using it to push the truck sideways off the tree it slide into. Plus, I have used it to lift my trailer up to my truck.