High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Firewood price

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
2:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was done cutting firewood for the year. Our new neighbors from southern California are just now realizing that it gets cold and snows at 6,000'. So, the wife volunteered us to take the young couple next door out to cut firewood. They have a newborn baby and 6 other kids, and heating is gonna be expensive if they can't run their woodstove. Now I'm wishing I'd have bought the XPG instead of the XP...

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I thought I was done cutting firewood for the year. Our new neighbors from southern California are just now realizing that it gets cold and snows at 6,000'. So, the wife volunteered us to take the young couple next door out to cut firewood. They have a newborn baby and 6 other kids, and heating is gonna be expensive if they can't run their woodstove. Now I'm wishing I'd have bought the XPG instead of the XP...
Definitely doing the right thing.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently delivered a truckload of my premium firewood to a lady who requested it last fall for a new fireplace she was installing. Construction was within a month of being completed.

I arrived with my typical $150 hardwood load, packed tight with ash and oak splits in my truck that has a 6' box. As I was unloading for her and stacking it on her new log rack, she went back into the house and came back out with $50. She said, "Take this extra money because I have never received that much quality firewood for that price from anywhere else. I know my firewood."

I said, "Are you sure about this? She said, "Yes, indeed, and I will pay that amount every time you deliver truckloads of quality like this. Thank you so much."
:)

isaaccarlson

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend came over last night to get some wood to get him through the rest of winter. His house is tight and he doesnt use much with his new stove. We filled his suburban with some of the driest wood I had and he asked how much. I told him $125. He handed me 160 and said thanks. Turns out he had gotten some wood from someone else and it was fresh cut. He heard the pieces ring as we loaded them and said it sounded real good.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently delivered a truckload of my premium firewood to a lady who requested it last fall for a new fireplace she was installing. Construction was within a month of being completed.

I arrived with my typical $150 hardwood load, packed tight with ash and oak splits in my truck that has a 6' box. As I was unloading for her and stacking it on her new log rack, she went back into the house and came back out with $50. She said, "Take this extra money because I have never received that much quality firewood for that price from anywhere else. I know my firewood."

I said, "Are you sure about this? She said, "Yes, indeed, and I will pay that amount every time you deliver truckloads of quality like this. Thank you so much."
:)

That’s the sort of customers too have and it always shows good products
Always pay the dividends

RCBS

Redneck Savant Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ads on local CL showing about $100/"truckload" thrown in, in my area. I'm going to have 8-10 cord of primo red oak ready next fall. Dunno if I want to try to compete with them. Gonna try to make a deal with a campground or two. Would love to get 2-3 'customers who want 3-4 cord of quality wood per year. I do not wish to be in the business of selling firewood, but it'd be nice to offset some equipment costs and weather events have left a bounty laying on the ground for me.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One can get stinky rich selling firewood in my area!
No, not me.

This is about 5+ seasons worth of turkey oak, all of it.
The processed wood got meticulously debarked!

IMG_20230615_173344.jpg

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Y’all should sell those little red bags in tourist hotspots. In Florida it is $5 or more per bag. It contains maybe enough for one fire. And fat lighter kindling is about that for five or six small pieces.