Firewood price

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After church today the wife and I stopped at Giant Eagle, a chain grocery store in my area. At the entrance they had pallets of firewood. The bundles were .6 cubic feet and $8.49 a bundle. To buy a cord at that price a cord is $1,811.20. I’M FILTHY RICH!!!

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, it's insane right now. I just told my wife we probably need to bundle up some firewood and sit at the mouth of the canyon and sell to the city folks from Vegas when they come up to go camping in the summer. There is a guy here that's selling a split, loose packed 12' dump trailer load of pine and juniper for $600. I doubt that load is even a proper 2 cords. Probably not even a cord and a half.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Firewood delivered and stacked is $500/cord in the upscale areas in W St. Louis County. $400 if you just want it dumped. Most of it is Red or White Oak and Hickory but you see a fair amount of Hackberry and occasionally some Cotton wood.
A guy I know, who works for a tree service, sells the $10 bundles to a number of the gas station/convenience stores in the area. He supplies racks to hold the bundles and includes a fire starter stick in each bundle. He also includes a sheet of paper with his name and phone #, for complaints. He doesn’t get many complaints but a lot of people call him asking if they can buy bundles from him, at a discount. He sells bundles to the convenience stores for $5/ea and sells 10 bundles for $75, tax free, to people who call and want a discount. He does very well.

LoneOak

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it's insane right now. I just told my wife we probably need to bundle up some firewood and sit at the mouth of the canyon and sell to the city folks from Vegas when they come up to go camping in the summer. There is a guy here that's selling a split, loose packed 12' dump trailer load of pine and juniper for $600. I doubt that load is even a proper 2 cords. Probably not even a cord and a half.

I have a 12' foot dump trailer with 22" walls and 6' wide = 132 CuFt,.... 1 cord = 128 CuFt.
Loosely stacked its a bit over half a cord

This is a cord of wood on my trailer. I sell a cord @$425 delivered (dump and run). If I were a patient man I could park on the side of the freeway near Houston and sell it for a $1 a stick.
PXL_20220401_221443974.jpg

Last edited:

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 12' foot dump trailer with 22" walls and 6' wide = 132 CuFt,.... 1 cord = 128 CuFt.
Loosely stacked its a bit over half a cord

This is a cord of wood on my trailer. I sell a cord @$425 delivered (dump and run). If I were a patient man I could park on the side of the freeway near Houston and sell it for a $1 a stick.
View attachment 352561
Thanks! Yeah, not knowing the exact dimensions of his trailer's width and height of the side walls I didn't do the math on it, but I figured it was 1.5 cord or less. Pretty sure it was a 12' because I have a 14' dump and this one wasn't as long as mine. His was loose, too!

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy over here bought a triaxle load of green hardwood @ 16" length processed for 1150 bucks delivered dumped. Came out to a little over 4 cords.

Few years back a guy got a gig selling to a guy with store front. Campers wood.
They were quickly shut down because the wood was not kiln dried to kill the eastern ash borer.
He was fit to be tied over it. Found a good thing and stifled by a man in a suit.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend from Germany sent me these.
If I could get my processed turkey oak firewood to Germany affordably I could make quite the coin.

Pressed beech wood blocks, 10kg/10€
IMG-d0aff26d9d4d6163810ae9490e0c49df-V.jpg

Bucked and split beech firewood, 1 volumetric cubic meter (stacked 1x1x1m)/265€
IMG-4d399ea9d92a6a8abb14854aa57b4d4b-V.jpg

I have some spare processed firewood that I would love to sell for that price!
This pile is over 2 meters tall.
IMG_20220910_181050.jpg

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm getting $150 for a full cord (128 cf) of oak picked up at my place down here in the boonies...
And nobody's knocking down my door to buy it either.
If I wanted to spend my time driving into the insane cities I s'pose I could get alot more for it, but I don't want to......

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol when I get what I think is enough for me I will sell some of it
I like those buyers that what until it's cool and want it bad because they like the sound and smell of it
Those types pay for but its been many moons ago since I sold fire wood I got away from it when I was younger because I didn't like cutting now that I'm older I enough running saws and cutting

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol when I get what I think is enough for me I will sell some of it
I like those buyers that what until it's cool and want it bad because they like the sound and smell of it
Those types pay for but its been many moons ago since I sold fire wood I got away from it when I was younger because I didn't like cutting now that I'm older I enough running saws and cutting
46, you are still young. Do it for another 20+ years and it becomes priceless. :beer-toast1: Sore muscles and joints tend to make it that way.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
46, you are still young. Do it for another 20+ years and it becomes priceless. :beer-toast1: Sore muscles and joints tend to make it that way.
I’m like you, the closer I get to 70 the more valuable my wood becomes. I back filled 5 cords this year for myself plus gave away 24 cords to those that needed it, I’m still beat up. My 5 year plan is still good, 25 cords going into this winter. 80% oak and hickory, the rest is cherry and mulberry.

Bryan Newton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m like you, the closer I get to 70 the more valuable my wood becomes. I back filled 5 cords this year for myself plus gave away 24 cords to those that needed it, I’m still beat up. My 5 year plan is still good, 25 cords going into this winter. 80% oak and hickory, the rest is cherry and mulberry.
Oh I'm not say I can't get it done I'm just a lot slower at it then before neck, shoulder, back, and foot problems and neuropathy in hands and feet

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old age ain’t for pussies!
When I was getting all that wood ready to give away this year I was at it 6-7 days a week. I’ld come in the house at night and my wife would give me the “Do you realize how old you are?” No, but I will in the morning!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I was getting all that wood ready to give away this year I was at it 6-7 days a week. I’ld come in the house at night and my wife would give me the “Do you realize how old you are?” No, but I will in the morning!
Then reach for an anti-inflammatory.