High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

FarmerTec 660 "Kit" - What's the latest on quality?

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Number 3 is done. Going to fire her tomorrow.

Attachments

• 16224377054608589205357663813846.jpg
    16224377054608589205357663813846.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 16

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If the saws are sold as parts they come in orange colors, but if bought assembled they are blue?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No ... you can get the kits in orange or blue, but I think all the assembled ones are Blue.

I also think the blue kits may have more recent "parts", at least the blue 660 I ordered did.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No ... you can get the kits in orange or blue, but I think all the assembled ones are Blue.

I also think the blue kits may have more recent "parts", at least the blue 660 I ordered did.
I noticed the prices on all the kits went up this morning. The 880 kit is like $529 now.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They must have lost their mind. 75 per kit ship by slow shipping is crazy. Near 300 for one saw shipped in a week, lmao. They won't be selling many at that rate to the public. The price of a kit with shippng is near a used saw here in OEM. What a waste of waiting. Common sense told me they will never deliver in a week. More like three to six months.
Ya... I will not be ordering one at that price. Maybe they'll come down.... my 660 kits with the slow shipping was 40 something days. I think it was $73 when I ordered them in January.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ya... I will not be ordering one at that price. Maybe they'll come down.... my 660 kits with the slow shipping was 40 something days. I think it was $73 when I ordered them in January.
$73 per kit?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not necessarily Mike, what about when ordering bulk?

These guys want the same shipping rate on one or four saws.
Didn't even bother asking about the ten pack, again. I got three cover messages again about becoming a dealer. They want distributors so we get liability and they get paid up front. That's not going to happen until the product is proven. Offering demo testing or showing saws in the field isn't really happening either. They thought passing a few saws around to get on YouTube videos would close the deal with guys like me but that isn't going to happen. I been offered nothing, no discounts, no bulk shipping, no reduced pricing, no nothing and not one personal response to emails.

I can tell you this for sure, OPE members offer businesses discounts just like every other business on this planet does. This "roll out" has been *s-word FT. Their six to eight months late on every new model release or more. Customer service is just about non existent. Why would I want to distribute that.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also purchase everything with the charge card, and test it as soon as I get it.

Their customer service stinks, and you want the ability to "reverse the charge", which is about the only way to deal with them. Just tell the charge card company they sent the wrong (or defective) part and will not send a return shipping label.

Several times I have received the "wrong" parts, and they will not make good on it, as it cost them more for return shipping than making a new one!

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not necessarily Mike, what about when ordering bulk?

These guys want the same shipping rate on one or four saws.
Didn't even bother asking about the ten pack, again. I got three cover messages again about becoming a dealer. They want distributors so we get liability and they get paid up front. That's not going to happen until the product is proven. Offering demo testing or showing saws in the field isn't really happening either. They thought passing a few saws around to get on YouTube videos would close the deal with guys like me but that isn't going to happen. I been offered nothing, no discounts, no bulk shipping, no reduced pricing, no nothing and not one personal response to emails.

I can tell you this for sure, OPE members offer businesses discounts just like every other business on this planet does. This "roll out" has been *s-word FT. Their six to eight months late on every new model release or more. Customer service is just about non existent. Why would I want to distribute that.
I suspect the trade tariffs and Covid are putting a serious hurting on all Chinese companies, much less a niche operation like "Farmertec". I don't blame you for not carrying the product if the MFG isn't giving you good vibes. With such a long distance between where they are made and who buys them customer service is everything.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I suspect the trade tariffs and Covid are putting a serious hurting on all Chinese companies, much less a niche operation like "Farmertec". I don't blame you for not carrying the product if the MFG isn't giving you good vibes. With such a long distance between where they are made and who buys them customer service is everything.
Yes, let's tax everything that comes from china so people will stop buying stuff from them and buy American. Problem is nothing is made in America anymore. All they are doing is hurting the consumer by making prices go up. I'm sure it is hurting chinese companies a little because, people are buying less crap they don't need but, still it is ridiculous. I think the government needs to do whatever they can to help companies with production costs. When was the last time a decent chainsaw, car, motorcycle, TV was made in America?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes, let's tax everything that comes from china so people will stop buying stuff from them and buy American. Problem is nothing is made in America anymore. All they are doing is hurting the consumer by making prices go up. I'm sure it is hurting chinese companies a little because, people are buying less crap they don't need but, still it is ridiculous. I think the government needs to do whatever they can to help companies with production costs. When was the last time a decent chainsaw, car, motorcycle, TV was made in America?
Don't know why it released. At the Harley shop now. Guy is struggling to reinstall the switch and post.

Stole that from the PA WiFi thread just now.
Timing is everything ;)

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think Zenith was the last American TV MFG, but they couldn't compete with overseas slave labor. Very little is made here because nobody could afford to pay the real cost of a consumer good when it is made by people paid with living wages. I have nothing against Chinese citizens, but I do try and avoid their native brands because the quality is lower and some of the profits go to the communist government of China. Some overseas companies produce quality goods, but they usually cost more and are made for US companies under license. We bought a Black+Decker portable AC unit and paid the higher cost knowing the US brand will at least stand behind the product even though the Chinse branded portable AC units are made under the same roof (but probably with cheaper components).

066 redeye

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Blunstone boots (a local Tassie company)
went to China a few years ago.
Refuse to buy their boots now.Only buy Aussie made boots although dearer.
Thing is Blunstone are still the same price as when done in Tassie,that's what s#%ts me.

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
5:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
shipping is more expensive than what most people give credit for.
It's not their fault where people live.

How far could you drive for 73 dollars?
And not get other stuff done while your doing it.

Has anyone contacted a shipping company directly and requested their best deal on picking these up from Farmertec and delivering per package or bulk?