Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya, HVE done a couple 590's and was wondering if the carb would help or the coil more........thinking the coil as the carb had it running so rich....even with H closed.
Thought maybe I was crazy but your results are pretty much the same as mine.

My saw really comes alive around 14,400 dosent really song lean till the 15,200-500 range.

It would be slamming the stock coil in most cuts with the current carb.

Now the stock carb kept it plenty rich, on par with your findings. But it was way rich with my numbers had to set the spikes so hard it was easy to grab and stall the clutch.

Leaned out, a whole different animal.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rattler

What are your thoughts? You've been into a few of these..
Red the one I have here seems to get stronger and stronger. Mine is a early 620 the one time I had the tach on it she was 14200 now mine has only had the base gasket removed. I did a 620pw for Reed that I never put a tach on that was very torque but I never put a tach on it tuned it by ear.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red the one I have here seems to get stronger and stronger. Mine is a early 620 the one time I had the tach on it she was 14200 now mine has only had the base gasket removed. I did a 620pw for Reed that I never put a tach on that was very torque but I never put a tach on it tuned it by ear.

Thank you for the info, mine being new bearings/seals and less than 2 tanks keeps getting better too.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is the first one Reed got and he ran it quite a bit and we used it to get our wood with too it will hang right in their in big wood with long bars. I let my Son use it and he laid claim to it so now it is his lol.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are very Welcome my Freind.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

In that pocket the hole closest to the pick is connected to the high side. Think that needs to be restricted...

My jb is setting up,

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I restricted it 71% and it's the first time the saws seen 14k....
It's just at 14k with the H needle closed.....sounding way better.
That equates out to .40mm or .015....I think if my math is right.
I think I'll go to .20mm- .008 to see if it's tunable.
FYI, I did have to increase the L and idle so it would stay running @ the first restriction....kinda was wondering if it would do that.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry....guess I didn't say.....
The opening on the left where you were pointing. It feeds directly to the H screw.
I closed it 71%, but needed to open the low as the idle slowed down.
I've been studing a HD off a Stihl 039. It seems similar but has a .30mm jet on the H and an open bleed for the L. I think I will drill .30mm hole to start. The other numbers seemed really small. I'm just looking for a little more adjustability now as I can get the saw to run more where I want it to.

Majorpayne

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so is it 71% open or 71% closed? If you plug the hole on the right it kills the L needle completely lol.

Not entirely sure, the metering side of this hda is a good bit different than the others I was comparing... but from my carb spraying threw all the orifices, the one I showed with the pick seemed to be the odd duck flowing extra (compared to other hda) and tied to the high needle.

Think it is mostly broken... We trying to fix it sir. :)

Because I can,

You don't have to read it you don't want to. I will politely ask you to refrain from your normal bash bash derail of anything non husqvarna /xp related.

Thank you
And good day sir !
QTLA!

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry....guess I didn't say.....
The opening on the left where you were pointing. It feeds directly to the H screw.
I closed it 71%, but needed to open the low as the idle slowed down.
I've been studing a HD off a Stihl 039. It seems similar but has a .30mm jet on the H and an open bleed for the L. I think I will drill .30mm hole to start. The other numbers seemed really small. I'm just looking for a little more adjustability now as I can get the saw to run more where I want it to.

Ok, you are going to open the hole I pointed out to .3mm this time around?

You had to adjust the low needle (turning), or enlarge the feed hole?

You gonna try closing the hole in the main jet?

When you say more "adjustability" are you referring to being able to lean it a bit more, or in the low/mid range.