Echo 2511t.. Thoughts?

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have now tested both. Doing that like the TI says. And normal, let it run to get operating Temperatur. Both works to set the carb.

Maybe its a incorrect translation to German? It says also if the high idle is not in the 6000 to 10000 RPM range, set it with the H needle. You cant set high idle or normal idle with H. You can only change idle with the L jet.

so is a bit weired...

Adjustment of _HIGH_ idle speeds (6K-10K) is already in the effective range of the H jet, there is no mistake.
It is not only to get to the temperature but also to bypass (turn off) active idle mode.
Otherwise during adjustment process the engine will not react to L changes until the setting is extremely off.

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adjustment of _HIGH_ idle speeds (6K-10K) is already in the effective range of the H jet, there is no mistake.
It is not only to get to the temperature but also to bypass (turn off) active idle mode.
Otherwise during adjustment process the engine will not react to L changes until the setting is extremely off.

Please demonstrate that you can adjust the Idle (high idle) with the H jet. The Engine also react's to L changes without that whole process.

Last edited:

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only “High idle” I have ever experienced on a 2511 is the mechanical position of the throttle after engaging and then disengaging the choke. Is that what you mean? It doesn’t seem very important as long as it gets the saw running.

I have found that the H setting can affect the return to idle when you release the throttle. Especially on a ported saw.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Nutball did it several years ago. I think he was running 3/8lp. It’s a great indicator of these saw’s capabilities. My experience is that bar lengths like that are not practical for a top handle saw. A rear handle version could be pretty cool. It’s still a lot to ask from a 5lb bundle of plastic. It’s really cutting nice!

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Nutball did it several years ago. I think he was running 3/8lp. It’s a great indicator of these saw’s capabilities. My experience is that bar lengths like that are not practical for a top handle saw. A rear handle version could be pretty cool. It’s still a lot to ask from a 5lb bundle of plastic. It’s really cutting nice!
Yeah I agree. It’s completely impractical. I just did it to show the capabilities. You couldn’t go climbing with that thing. You’d cut a body part off 😂

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have seen a few ported 2511s chocking with a 16" bar.
Not all builds and builders are the same.
Mark shows great mastery on these engines/saws.
Just imagine what one of his saws can do with a 10"-12" bar.

NorcalFlyingsquirrel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that carving bar a direct fit? I just wore out a panther bar and I’m looking for something else.
If you have 1/4 pitch sproket just get a stihl 14" small nose bar and chain for their electric saw. You need to drill another tensioner hole about a .4" down the bar and i like to drill in between the rails with a little bit from the top down for oil flow. you can shove a screw driver in there to spread the rails if its too tight. Then you can just get a new standard length chain any time you need it. Ill give you the exact measurements and a pic later.

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve just ordered some 12” echo bars. Look like they’ll be decent.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear you can charge $1200 on eBay with a 20" cannon bar if you leave it stock and call it a Piltz Hot Saw.

I mounted the 42" on it once, but never tried running it. 1DL too long of chain.

NorcalFlyingsquirrel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ported 2511t is the gold standard climbing saw now. I prune and remove with mine 4 days a week. 201t feels like a cinderblock with a handle after using a 2511t.

But it’s not a ground saw. Neither is 201t. Get yourself a rear handle if you’re grounding.
hybrid 45 on crack is a way more funner groundsaw!