Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine stopped by a few years ago now talking about a mutual friend:

Friend: Have you talked to Pee Wee lately?
Me: Last week
Friend: He killed a deer yesterday morning and didn't have anything to clean it with.
Me: I would have helped him, or at lease brought him a sharp knife.
Friend: Well, he used his chainsaw (025). I was wandering if he brought it to you to clean the guts out of it.
Me: :facepalm:

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Well here hew go then....
b2e40eaf4769afca731d9725e61d8a77.jpg
Your shirt's missing its sleeves. Sheesh chevy can't even make a shirt right! :asz:

NPKenny

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine stopped by a few years ago now talking about a mutual friend:

Friend: Have you talked to Pee Wee lately?
Me: Last week
Friend: He killed a deer yesterday morning and didn't have anything to clean it with.
Me: I would have helped him, or at lease brought him a sharp knife.
Friend: Well, he used his chainsaw (025). I was wandering if he brought it to you to clean the guts out of it.
Me: :facepalm:

You have to use the top of the bar to throw the blood back into the carcass.

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've done the WTF why won't this start it was running fine 10 minutes ago. Out of fuel .:bash:

The neighbor did the 2 cycle in the bar oil and strait gas but fortunately could not get it started. Calls me over. I sort it and get it running. 10 min later I hear the thing wot and not stopping. I look out and he's trying to take off small branches of a pine tree that had fallen by swinging the thing around like a sickle and damn near hitting his legs.:facepalm: I took the saw away from him.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a Echo 590 fool me twice, the first time was worse. I'm making a bunch of test cuts and all of a sudden it dies. OK, out of gas, but it still had gas, and it won't start. Finally I realize the switch got bumped off. I almost thought I did a bad job of porting it and ruined the cylinder or something.

Last edited:

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Friend with a new saw. I go through various things and show him some cutting tricks. He starts cutting and on the third cut on the trunk the round doesn't drop off - so he uses his bar as a crow-bar to try and break the round off. It doesn't move, but his power head did. He looks at the bent bar and then me. Nothing to say...

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been over 15 years since I let someone borrow a chainsaw. My best friend used my mint 2 year old Makita DCS 520i and returns it covered in creosote and the blued bar has little to no paint left on it. The 3 chains I gave him are completely ruined as well.

I didn’t see this coming. Tommy is a gear head, takes good care of his other OPE etc. So if ANYONE asks if I rent or loan saws out, I usually volunteer me and my saws. Package deal ;)

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s been over 15 years since I let someone borrow a chainsaw. My best friend used my mint 2 year old Makita DCS 520i and returns it covered in creosote and the blued bar has little to no paint left on it. The 3 chains I gave him are completely ruined as well.

I didn’t see this coming. Tommy is a gear head, takes good care of his other OPE etc. So if ANYONE asks if I rent or loan saws out, I usually volunteer me and my saws. Package deal ;)
Run it like you stole it.:bash: I don't even lent my car to anybody.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve yet to lend a saw out that comes back ok.

One friend decided it would be cool to customize my ported 026. Sanded all the paint off a new Stihl bar and the clutch cover and painted it all up for me. Thanks Mark. He didn’t get why I wasn’t happy.

Lended my sister-in-law’s boyfriend one to help clean up after Sandy. I got back a saw with the pull cord hanging halfway out and a torn intake boot after some mounting screws came out.

I think Rich is correct above. I’ll lend you the saw but I come with it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do the same. I wouldn't want to see anyone get hurt either... If they are asking to borrow a saw, they probably have zero experience using one, or they would own one...

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Up at camp a couple years ago. " Sure go ahead and use my saw." The trees are down and just bucking. I think my saws ok so I jump on the quad. As I'm coming back I see another tree fall. I go check it out an find my saw pancaked. Not a single person will ever barrow any of my power equipment or anything again.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I let someone borrow a saw once. It never came back...

As far as people doing nutty things with a saw? Nothing out of the ordinary. Cutting rough sawn lumber to build a barn or shed is about it. Or when my dad and I hand hewn log into beams with atz's and once they were installed the customer decided he didnt wanna pay for it.

Well I watched my dad start climbing the staging with his 036...he was fittin to cut the beams right back out (they were decorative, not structural). The customer quickly changed his mind and paid the bill.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't lend/hand out my saws to anyone - period!

I will come with my cars trunk full of saws (or with two saws in my hands by foot) and help cut nearly any ones firewood or tree, I may even allow someone to use any of my saws while I am present - but only I do the refueling and maintenance.
I have yet to encounter someone using a saw to my liking, either they don't load the saw letting the engine scream, or they over utilize the spikes and pull the saws engine down to a near still stand. :mad:
I also NEVER use someones premixed fuel!
Either I bring my own mix or I demand fresh pure gasoline on site so that I can mix my own fuel as needed with my own oil at my own ratio.

My dad once used my PS-6400 to cut up old oak boards that were used for concrete laying, needless to say the chain was toast.
I was at work at the time and I noticed it days later, I wasn't happy about it.
I have old worn out loops with missing teeth for really dirty work like that.

I occasionally do something stupid myself:
- when refilling fuel and oil it happened to me that I do not screw the oil cap shut, I never had fuel or oil spilling on me but my saw maintenance table was covered in bar oil a couple times

- I had my neighbors 181SE over for a look-see and fix, turned out to be a loose wire on the primary coil, neighbor comes to pick up his saw and it won't start me pulling the rope like a maniac - off switch was in "OFF" position !!!
In my defense, it is opposite to my large frame Dolmar's, I still felt ashamed and kinda stupid. :oops:

- once I was playing with one of my large frame Dolmar's trying out a tach I just got off eBay, saw suddenly stopped. I kept pulling the rope, took the plug out several times, checked the off switch position - I have spent easily 30-40 minutes trying to restart the saw, it eventually dawned on me that the saw might be out of fuel! :confused:

I have yet to put a chain on reversed and try to cut with it though. ;)

Last edited:

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yep I lone my saws ...... I go with them at $70 an hour $50 for me and $20 for the saws ......