Duke's saw chain

sundance

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone tried Duke's bars yet? Will need a couple bars soon.

I need a bar for my Echo 4910 now but he doesn't seem to have the K216 mount it needs.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I need a bar for my Echo 4910 now but he doesn't seem to have the K216 mount it needs.

Pretty sure I've made k095 mount bars work on the 4910, I think the bar adjuster pin holes just needed to be enlarged.

greystone mountain man

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I put one on a 3800 poulan today just used it about 10 minutes.its too dam hot to run a chainsaw here lol.

Jusgunn3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut up a load of ash today with a ported 365 special. I took a new loop of the dukes 72DL 3/8" chain and dropped the rakers to .040" right away. The chain actually hauled through the ash like a champ for two tanks of fuel before I melted. It was still cutting great, so I will resume the test when I get back to the pile. The chain was way too grabby for cutting a soft maple tree that had also been dropped, but I got through it. This was probably the first time I felt impressed by how well a round ground chain held up cutting ash with low rakers.

Are you dropping the rakers to test the chain or is that the way you like them?

EFSM

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty sure I've made k095 mount bars work on the 4910, I think the bar adjuster pin holes just needed to be enlarged.
I can confirm this. Matter of fact, I did it yesterday.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you dropping the rakers to test the chain or is that the way you like them?
I did it on purpose for cutting ash. I don’t like having to dog-in to get a chain to cut. Usually my “ash” chains start to slow down by the end of the 2nd tank.

Last edited:

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the chains been out for a while. Reports on long term use? I bought some, haven't run it yet as laid up due to a hernia operation.

User reports welcome.
So far so good for me, but I’m not a big time cutter. I have one loop on the fourth sharpening and another that I square ground for the third sharpening. Seems to hold up for me more like Stihl RS than the Oregon or Holzfforma chain I also have.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not many (basically none) complaints 'round here. Most guys really feel like they get their moneys worth and come back and buy more.

I could talk about how great it is, but our customer's behavior speaks louder than I can.
Will there be any semi-chisel coming soon?

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the chains been out for a while. Reports on long term use? I bought some, haven't run it yet as laid up due to a hernia operation.

User reports welcome.
I like the Duke's Chain. I bought a couple of 3 packs and liked it so much that I ended up buying a 100ft. roll. I cut a lot of firewood on a property that is full of rocks. I rock out a lot of chains. It cuts good and is very cheap!