Degree Wheel Setup

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i watched both of these tonight one on the degree wheel earlier i was going through your videos on youtube didnt see the other on port heights but both are informative videos thank you randy

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you randy. Very informative. Really put things into perspective for me.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Now which trade are we talking about here. Your day job, or your nightwalker job. Lolol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for posting the videos. These are extremely useful at the current stage of my process development.

B

Backyard Lumberjack

Ironworker: I want a video of you having sex with a midget.

I was hoping that this could be a helpful tech thread for those interested in how to measure port timing on a chainsaw. but with this and some of the other comments here don't seem like that is how most want it to go. I have spent the afternoon fitting up my degree wheel so it will hang concentrically to the PTO side of my saw's crankshaft... I have my TDC tool all set to go... I was hoping this could be a summation of what Mr MM has posted in some of his other threads u know where and also how to set it up, along with a couple of other knowledgeable bits and pieces on the subject by others. such as adapting the degree wheel to the crankshaft centerline so that the port timing events can be ID'd and measured. and discussed. hoped the thread could discuss fitting the flywheel key to advance the timing. and discuss the port timing, stock and changed due to port mods, durations and how the power band moved about as a result of this change or that change... etc. make it a real solid technical thread that would and could help many doing this for the first time. i was looking forward to contributing to what i thought was going to be an intelligent, comprehensive thread on the topic. I doubt that is possible here!

I have just come home from my shop, for a bit of dinner after messing with my lathe etc adapting a simple fixture to mount my degree wheel to my 044 crank, and was about to suggest we might further the thread with some 'hands on' posts, tech and pix. I was going to suggest some of you provide the step by step, and with each step I would interact with the thread, take pix, and note the pointer to the degree wheel, how to ensure accuracy, etc... I had thought this mite prove to be a helpful thread for those interested in a forum where at least one person has recently said, " [ I do...] like how this is going, we are going to build some great saws!'

>I want a video of you having sex with a midget.

I note this thread is for technical section of Chainsaws... I do not consider the above post a positive contribution, much less a technical contribution. it is in line with one post here on OPE that was out of line and got reported.

so, no doubt my post here will get its full share of retribution. but personally, I don't give a rat's a**! I had come over here because it was supposed to be a serious place about chainsaws. don't seem too serious to me with posts like this, etc . and other recent off-color comments. besides, i note there is a jokesters thread. and fyi - its not in chainsaws; technical! well, then... so just have your fun! count me out. sorry, but I could careless based on this kinda b.s. if I ever post here again...

I am going back to my shop to finish my degree wheel adapter. I will figure it all out myself!!! I got better things to do that put up with such nonsense as is condoned here... !

Milkman31

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If used at that ratio it may go either way?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Top notch operation you have going there brother.