High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

HELP! Weird Messed Up Poulan Recoil SetUp, help?

pastryguyhawaii

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve not worked on that particular model but on the S25’s it runs behind the flywheel. On those you don’t have to pull the flywheel but it’s easier if you do. I always do.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever get it going? Tomorrow I probably will be shooting the bull with a dealer here that sold Poulans for years. I think he started in the mid 1960s. Do you need parts.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever get it going? Tomorrow I probably will be shooting the bull with a dealer here that sold Poulans for years. I think he started in the mid 1960s. Do you need parts.
Still not certain how to route the new fuel line as shown in my last reply to this thread on page 1. The old one was completely missing so yeah. There is not enough room inbetween the flywheel and case really. Under the flywheel is the pulley… Hopefully I’ll have it going by the 4th of July.
As far as Poulan parts are concerned, I need a carb rebuild kit for the Tihlostan carb on this saw. Any literature on this bicentennial Poulan saw I’d be interested in. Good luck tomorrow.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did that go with the dealer?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was curious what not all you bought. Any parts or literature for my bicentennial Poulan?

I truly cannot follow you. :rolleyes:

I specifically said.............

Still not certain how to route the new fuel line as shown in my last reply to this thread on page 1. The old one was completely missing so yeah. There is not enough room inbetween the flywheel and case really. Under the flywheel is the pulley… Hopefully I’ll have it going by the 4th of July.
As far as Poulan parts are concerned, I need a carb rebuild kit for the Tihlostan carb on this saw. Any literature on this bicentennial Poulan saw I’d be interested in. Good luck tomorrow.

You never asked for any parts just a carb kit and literature. The carb kit can be found at any dealer or any site sponsor here. As for literature I would not even address that. He is a working dealer old school dealer that like I said has been in business since the 1960's. Any literature he had would be up on the third floor and he is not going to go looking.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I truly cannot follow you. :rolleyes:

I specifically said.............

You never asked for any parts just a carb kit and literature. The carb kit can be found at any dealer or any site sponsor here. As for literature I would not even address that. He is a working dealer old school dealer that like I said has been in business since the 1960's. Any literature he had would be up on the third floor and he is not going to go looking.
Ok.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna add.. a spring has a memory ! . Ie wants to go back to it’s original state.

The way you make it forget is to heat it. Then you can bend it. It’s also less brittle.

Without going deaper into metarology 🤔😉
I’ve bent starter recoil spring to make them work again , but also ordered a new spring to replace the next time it fugged up (which was a longish time as I changed the metaodology of the spring starters memory . But then also had a spare when it finally broke 🤦‍♂️

But on another note, it’s a good idea how things work, Ie… you pull the starter cord and the saw starts ( a new saw from the shop)
It works by winding up the spring ( which will pull the cord back after it has started) and pulls the rope back in … the spring and the rope have working capabilities. They work together !
Anyway most manuals have this info,

So asking for a manual firstly and or then saying I don’t understand it etc.. goes a bit further than just wanting answers and then crying it didn’t work/ asking the same questions again .

So Sometimes trying to figure it out yourself , ie reading the manual then asking goes further

Btw this is mho.
And also
Somthing for you to get your head around for another day and a slightly different starting mechanism.
! How does those easy start thing work. Ie you wind up a spring and no compression untill at the end and the saw/trimmer then fires !

How does it actually work .. it’s simple engineering but as with most things it has tobe right

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got it back together. Figured I’d worry bout the fuel line when I rebuild the carb. I tried to get it to run, but in pulling the rope many times, the rope came out all the way and I also impaled one of my thumbs with the other thumb’s nail. I lost the air filter cover screw so will order one. I will resume this project when I can afford. I will post pics of the saw after I get a screw for the air filter cover.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wanna add.. a spring has a memory ! . Ie wants to go back to it’s original state.

The way you make it forget is to heat it. Then you can bend it. It’s also less brittle.

Without going deaper into metarology 🤔😉
I’ve bent starter recoil spring to make them work again , but also ordered a new spring to replace the next time it fugged up (which was a longish time as I changed the metaodology of the spring starters memory . But then also had a spare when it finally broke 🤦‍♂️

But on another note, it’s a good idea how things work, Ie… you pull the starter cord and the saw starts ( a new saw from the shop)
It works by winding up the spring ( which will pull the cord back after it has started) and pulls the rope back in … the spring and the rope have working capabilities. They work together !
Anyway most manuals have this info,

So asking for a manual firstly and or then saying I don’t understand it etc.. goes a bit further than just wanting answers and then crying it didn’t work/ asking the same questions again .

So Sometimes trying to figure it out yourself , ie reading the manual then asking goes further

Btw this is mho.
And also
Somthing for you to get your head around for another day and a slightly different starting mechanism.
! How does those easy start thing work. Ie you wind up a spring and no compression untill at the end and the saw/trimmer then fires !

How does it actually work .. it’s simple engineering but as with most things it has tobe right
I looked at the manual. I was really not understanding the starter part of it. It literally did not have info on fuel line routing and even folks on AS agreed that the manual did not have that info.