Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One operator. 3 cuts. Drop the slowest and average the others is how it's been done.
If we are opening nominations I want to throw Stihlbro in the ring as an operator, he is a quiet guy who knows a ton and is a great operator.
Course he might want to enter a chain, I dunno, just spitballin'

Just so I am clear, are we gonna cut wood with the .404 or are we using it to pull tractors out of a muddy ravine?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If we are opening nominations I want to throw Stihlbro in the ring as an operator, he is a quiet guy who knows a ton and is a great operator.
Course he might want to enter a chain, I dunno, just spitballin'

Just so I am clear, are we gonna cut wood with the .404 or are we using it to pull tractors out of a muddy ravine?

If he enters a chain he can still be the operator. They may not be any names on them when we do it. Just give each chain a letter and test them that way.

We can make some cuts first and then use it to pull the tractors out.

Might run the 404 winner against the 3/8" just to see. 404 was planned to run in 4 10x10 or 12x12. 3/8" was just a single 10x10 or 12x12 of poplar I hope. Just depends on what we can get sawed

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The mighty, mighty, mooberator said heads up, no timer racing over on the thread at the Argyle-Site, or is that a different thing?
If I win too many gold medals it might go to my head, so I need to know how many events I might win so I can practice being a humble good sport about it :)

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The chains will be timed and video for the owners to time that can't attend. Be 3 or 4 different classes for the chains. Probably set up and do both at the same time with one 3/8" and then 404 alternating so we can speed it up some with the videos.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now that we know this gtg will be at Randys place there is one more timed race that will be going on. This is the big one boys and will
separate the boys from the men. The race will be...........Screenshot_2016-07-28-19-28-55-1.png

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Joey would be a good choice for the saw operator.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm out of my league on that stuff lol

Same here David. Way above my pay grade.

Mabe I get lucky the first week. Sure would like to be there . Can lowly peons be around all that greatness ? [emoji14]

Everyone is welcome. I hope after y'all see all my run down stuff you'll get that I'm just an old fart that's hoping to have a blast with some friends.

you can carry a work chain around in a pickle bucket full of other chains
if that treatment is too rough on the chain, it aint a work chain :)

Pickle bucket huh?

If he enters a chain he can still be the operator. They may not be any names on them when we do it. Just give each chain a letter and test them that way.

We can make some cuts first and then use it to pull the tractors out.

Might run the 404 winner against the 3/8" just to see. 404 was planned to run in 4 10x10 or 12x12. 3/8" was just a single 10x10 or 12x12 of poplar I hope. Just depends on what we can get sawed

I can get pine cants for sure. Maybe poplar.

The mighty, mighty, mooberator said heads up, no timer racing over on the thread at the Argyle-Site, or is that a different thing?
If I win too many gold medals it might go to my head, so I need to know how many events I might win so I can practice being a humble good sport about it :)

The chain races will be timed. But the 3, 4, 5, etc cube classes will be heads up. Timed in the event of a tie. It goes faster, and is a heck of a lot more fun.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same here David. Way above my pay grade.

Everyone is welcome. I hope after y'all see all my run down stuff you'll get that I'm just an old fart that's hoping to have a blast with some friends.

Pickle bucket huh?

I can get pine cants for sure. Maybe poplar.

The chain races will be timed. But the 3, 4, 5, etc cube classes will be heads up. Timed in the event of a tie. It goes faster, and is a heck of a lot more fun.

Pine will work too. I'll start a new thread for chain entries to see how many expect to send so we know how many cants to get. I'm sure we can all have fun and Bs around a fire

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that we know this gtg will be at Randys place there is one more timed race that will be going on. This is the big one boys and will
separate the boys from the men. The race will be...........View attachment 30155
There's no hope for me. I better enter a chain if I wanna even have a chance