drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it’s to twist the exhaust gas for sound wave cancellation. They started in the port and continued in the muffler with the odd baffle.

It enabled them to have a bigger outlet in the standard area that way and maintain a reasonable dB level.

My assumption.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it’s to twist the exhaust gas for sound wave cancellation. They started in the port and continued in the muffler with the odd baffle.

It enabled them to have a bigger outlet in the standard area that way and maintain a reasonable dB level.

My assumption.

makes the most sense to me too

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can't blame them there. Nothing like putting millions into R&D just to have China buy 1 saw, copy it, and sell it at discount prices and ignorant consumers eat it up.
I said basically this in a certain Facebook group and got accused of being racist by the dickhead in charge of the group. He really pushes the Chinese crap in his group.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty ingenious.

They probably found out how much length they needed for it to be effective and couldn’t make the tube long enough in the muffler. So someone realized that they could start in the port.

That’s why I left the baffle in but modified it in the very few I have done. Also why I think a flywheel side deflector on the can isn’t a good idea. That’s where they are aiming the waves to cancel each other.

One thing is for sure, it’s a fućking PITA to deal with while grinding.