USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess after a day or two of repeated/redundant questions, either the Monkey or Tree Life, since he seems to know of this ‘design’ might chime in...

I do like the cyclonic, vortex theory though...generally on the intake side, but what the hell...this could be a new-fangled game changer! Lol

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl is well known for their ,beer- gineering, swear sometimes they do it just to prevent parts swapping between models, keeps parts exclusive to Stihl Corp, slows up the China copies.

EchoRomeoCharlie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl is well known for their ,beer- gineering, swear sometimes they do it just to prevent parts swapping between models, keeps parts exclusive to Stihl Corp, slows up the China copies.
Can't blame them there. Nothing like putting millions into R&D just to have China buy 1 saw, copy it, and sell it at discount prices and ignorant consumers eat it up.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that before I retired that most of our lab test results showed a significant increase in power and performance on engines if the intake was designed so that the air/fuel mix was more volatile. Exhaust showed better flow the smoother and symmetrical the exhaust port was.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I call *B-S....!!!!!

Them flange bolts are still twisted.