PAST CT Spring GTG May 6th 2017

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
7:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at that 394 matching with the dogs was it the same chain and starting to get dull?
Hard to say..
Lotsa variables.
I know that unicorn of Scott's is the real deal.
His 661 is right on its heels.
394's can be real stout..
2100's can be even nastier..

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard to say..
Lotsa variables.
Yep. Its hard to keep a saw loaded great for a minute without the spikes unless the chain is perfect.

I've run the unicorn many years back. It's crazy strong. 661 is getting more popular. I still like a 395 better.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly Mike.
A badass 372 or 390 will still whup a big Stihl.
It's all a matter of who's got what, and when..

but..

If you get the right Stihl, built right.
Chain it real good, and get a guy on the end of it who really can wring it out, get to the wood first, it can win some races.

No doubt.

6 cube any way... You can kiss 3-4-5 cube goodbye....

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Yeah that 390 that we ran in Ohio was nuts.

I'd post a vid of it if I had gotten one :(

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at that 394 matching with the dogs was it the same chain and starting to get dull?
I was wondering that. It was some seriously hard wood. I didn't know they were running everything else off the dogs. But like you said I felt the saw needed more chain so I dogged it some. That was after many cuts with that chain, so I'm sure it had lost some of its edge.

Hard to say..
Lotsa variables.
All those saws we ran were very strong. Fun to run them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering that. It was some seriously hard wood. I didn't know they were running everything else off the dogs. But like you said I felt the saw needed more chain so I dogged it some. That was after many cuts with that chain, so I'm sure it had lost some of its edge.

All those saws we ran were very strong. Fun to run them all.

I bet all the cut times would have improved like that. That's where tailoring a chain to a saw will be faster

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I musta missed the run with the dogs, but I did run that saw ....... sucka was made for them dogs !!

We ran outa wood, or we'd have run them all on dogs too !!

Sorry...
I'm a slacker...
I'll get more wood next time. [emoji41]

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry...
I'm a slacker...
I'll get more wood next time. [emoji41]
It aint easy gettin wood like that ............ I'm very appreciative of havin that there !

I'm sure that we're going to have alot more 90cc saws next year, the clone list is HUGE !!

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt had a super strong 372 there as well. I put a serious whooping on my 460. Not sure how much else it was raced.

Masons 385xp was beating a lot of stuff can't racing. ...and my 372xp jmssaws beat it.....there's a vid somewhere...so far that vid is missing though.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Matt had a super strong 372 there as well. I put a serious whooping on my 460. Not sure how much else it was raced.

@huskyboy we compared Matt's fast 372 to your now mofo'd 044 and I don't remember how they compared? 044 edged out in a timed cut? I thought the 372 felt faster anyway. I think I offered to trade my 372 for that one!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That was some hard wood ........ quite a few saws were chained for softwood and just bounced and chattered a ton in that log
I ran my Hacked up 385 last cut left in that log. Smooth and could lean on it. It's very similar to Mason's hacked up 385. 32" with JGX skip chain, 8 pin, round filed by me with a couple swipes below 025 on rakers could dog or weight of saw. Guy from guilford long goatee (Dan reminded me of his name and I forgot again dammit!) ran the 385 also and he wants one now I think :)

Im bummed Kevin and Dan didn't get a chance to run my 385. We were busy with 60 and 70 cc shootout going on at the other log cluster.... Including that screamin 562 nice replacement for a 262. Also wanted @MustangMike to try the 385. Hell Julian, Scott, cfb Mike, lee too... Wanted her to be a slut saw just curious to see what y'all think... Enjoy watching others run muh saws too. @mdavlee can ya tell I'm happy with the result? We've got a large oak to take down this weekend 385 gonna be part of that. Yard tree hope she doesn't have surprises in it...

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran my Hacked up 385 last cut left in that log. Smooth and could lean on it. It's very similar to Mason's hacked up 385. 32" with JGX skip chain, 8 pin, round filed by me with a couple swipes below 025 on rakers could dog or weight of saw. Guy from guilford long goatee (Dan reminded me of his name and I forgot again dammit!) ran the 385 also and he wants one now I think :)

Im bummed Kevin and Dan didn't get a chance to run my 385. We were busy with 60 and 70 cc shootout going on at the other log cluster.... Including that screamin 562 nice replacement for a 262. Also wanted @MustangMike to try the 385. Hell Julian, Scott, cfb Mike, lee too... Wanted her to be a slut saw just curious to see what y'all think... Enjoy watching others run muh saws too. @mdavlee can ya tell I'm happy with the result? We've got a large oak to take down this weekend 385 gonna be part of that. Yard tree hope she doesn't have surprises in it...

I think you like it a little[emoji1]