PAST CT Spring GTG May 6th 2017

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was great seeing all the people I have previously met, and the new faces. Sorry I could only stay the morning, but I really enjoyed my time there. The family function I had to attend in the afternoon also went well, so it was a great day.

Enjoyed running lots of saws, including:

- A TM 661 (Thanks Julian)
- Another Big Yellow Monster (thanks Lee)
- A great running 461 (and my Hybrid) (thanks Mike)
- A great running ported 262 I picked up for my Nephew (thanks Dr Al)

Part of what I like about the GTG's is that you learn little things to make your saws run up to their potential. I brought 10 running saws today, and was pleased with how all of them did.

Like I said, wish I had more time at the GTG, but life is a balance, and I made it work.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was great seeing all the people I have previously met, and the new faces. Sorry I could only stay the morning, but I really enjoyed my time there. The family function I had to attend in the afternoon also went well, so it was a great day.

Enjoyed running lots of saws, including:

- A TM 661 (Thanks Julian)
- Another Big Yellow Monster (thanks Lee)
- A great running 461 (and my Hybrid) (thanks Mike)
- A great running ported 262 I picked up for my Nephew (thanks Dr Al)

Part of what I like about the GTG's is that you learn little things to make your saws run up to their potential. I brought 10 running saws today, and was pleased with how all of them did.

Like I said, wish I had more time at the GTG, but life is a balance, and I made it work.

Hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.
I saw a few vids of mikes 461, looked like a stout saw. How'd ya like it?

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made it home an hour ago. Got truck unloaded. Will get all saws put away in the am.
Want to thank Dan & Yulyia for being such great hosts. It was an excellent time.
Al put on a fabulous spread of food. Brandy made some awesome meatballs and Jag
and there was enough food and then some. Great to see familiar faces and meet a few
new ones. Got to run some very impressive saws and do the usual BSing.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got home few mins ago. Shortly after leaving Dan's low tire pressure warning. Hit gas station air service at bottom of hill and sidewall gash hissing air. Changed tire and thanks @paragonbuilder Dan and @wcorey Bill for coming by in case flat tire didn't fit where smaller spare went and I would have had to dump saws at Dan's.

Glad I found out it was going flat before on the highway.

Thanks again Dan and Yulyia this is always a blast. I'm glad the live stream worked much better this time and some were able to watch from afar.

Very cool having @tree monkey Scott and @Redbull661 Julian from afar and also @Definitive Dave who is one funny dude. Scott is a wealth of information definitely the "Yoda" of chainsaws.

Nice to meet some of the new faces and see everyone. Thanks Kevin @Moparmyway for the chain and doing the in the wood tune of that 450 with the carb spline tool.

Thanks so much Al, Marcello, Brandy and others I may have missed who made such incredible food.

Off to bed. That flat tire situation could have been a nightmare. Glad it worked out.

Cheers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@malk315 , glad things worked out for you. What a bummer.

Thanks again Dan for hosting. Always a great time. Sorry I drank all of your beer.

Was great seeing you guys all again, and meeting the new ones, had a load of laughs. Great company.

My Buddy Chuck loved it. Said "What a great bunch if guys". He's never picked up a chainsaw in his life, but can't wait till the next gtg.

Good times boys.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got to run a Dolmar Rotary, a SoloTwin, and Treemonkeys piped 066. Damn was that ever fun.

After running TM's piped 066, Julian hands me a Saw. It felt fast as hell, not the piped Saw but not much slower. I thought it was maybe a 461 or something, I'm not familiar with the newer still line.

The darn thing was a treemonkey 261, it was hard to believe.

I asked Scott how I could make my 261 run like that. He handed me his business card.

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Austin Texas wherever you are! (Twist on a Frank Zappa line...)

Sorry we weren't able to join in this weekend, already looking forward to the next one. They just keep getting a little bigger and a little better, a testament to the people who participate and in every way, contribute. Making it something that we all not only choose to do and spend our precious time doing over so many other things that are demanding of our time and attention, but plan out months in advance and even though the weather may be less than ideal, still remain committed to and fellas at that point it definitely ain't about saws, it's about the people.

Until we meet again, may the Blessings of Heaven rest upon you and yours abundantly today and every day!