PAST CT GTG 2016 May 7th

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to derail the thread -- got my CK20 in 2006 pushing 600 hours on it she's a little beast.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm here I'm here.....yes I'm psyched. #2 saw is gone from the challenge fyi. Now I'm only bringing 4x 350s.

Gotta go cut a stump. :)

Noticed the doc was bringing burgers... can we organize who is bringing what? or can I just throw a few $$ in the pot day of?

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No no no I'm not looking for money from anyone please don't get that started.
Cindy and I are simply putting on breakfast Saturday and Sunday, which is cheap.
Cindy'll cook up whatever anyone brings for anything outside of breakfasts, from Friday night all the way through Sunday. That's what she does, it brings her joy. The tip jar that inevitably gets put out just makes her smile all the more...
As far as costs associated with hosting the event, man guys that's not what Dan and I had in mind last year and certainly isn't this year. It's just good fun, and Lord willing, there'll be plenty more.
Thanks for the thought though, I do appreciate it. ;)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think there is a Mac salad, and a potato salad coming. I've got to look back through the thread... Or it might be on the AS thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the OPE forum, although I've been lurking on the AS forum for a while. Is there room for a newbie to come to the gtg, given I can get the day off? I have a few saws, but nothing special. It would be fun to get together with a bunch of other chainsaw addicts.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the OPE forum, although I've been lurking on the AS forum for a while. Is there room for a newbie to come to the gtg, given I can get the day off? I have a few saws, but nothing special. It would be fun to get together with a bunch of other chainsaw addicts.
Get yer arse there. Never ran a ported saw?/ now is your chance! Please join us. The more the merrier. Likely not as big as the NY GTG but it was a blast last time. Dan has a great setup and Mels and Cindy along with Dan are great hosts. See ya there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you get half a chance,
Be there.

There are some good Dood's I met at the Upstate NY GTG.

And who doesn't want to Run cool saws?!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I've talked my way into coming, was tough with NY less than 2 weeks prior and the day before Mother's Day etc, etc ("didn't you just go to one of them?").

I will likely only be able to stay Sat morning, but I'm looking forward to it!

Any chance of getting a saw or two on the dyno, and how is that going to work???

Jason, really looking forward to seeing your saw, is it the 064 with the 288 slug??? a 24 or 28" bar would be great! I tried to run your (Dave's) 064 at the NY GTG twice (once before the popcorn, and once after), but he could not get it running either time! But I see in the video the Smittybilt guys had at it, I must have been running something else at the time!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and finally letting Al run his 460/046-D jug saw, plus meeting any new faces.

Matt, what happened to saw #2???

The chain on my 362 messed up at the NY GTG, so I'll have my first attempt at converting round file to square on it, will see how it does. Did not seem to be as much work as I thought it would be, but we will see how it cuts.

Safe journey everyone!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan, I still got my directions from last year, but don't you think it would be a good idea to edit post #1 and put in the address???