Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
1:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw 2 is the oem 45mm jug with removable transfer covers. I don't think it's relevant for the rest of the test we already know how fast or slow it is and I don't even remember the timing numbers yesterday I gave the saw 2 A tree servuce friend of mine he is going to be doing some wood chipping for me good trade I think

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any chance of getting a saw or two on the dyno, and how is that going to work???
That's the million dollar question Mike.

There's a lot of buzz about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and running the saw that WE built together Mike.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd personally like to see what mods produce what changes in a saw. I'm not concerned about whether my saw makes more power than someone else's. We can pull 'em out and measure at the end of the day if that's what you're after.

I want to know exactly 2 things on the Dyno, if an 87 carb makes more power than a 120/144 on a 262, and whether a 194 carb makes less power than an 044 carb on an 026.

2 debated questions that would teach us all something and would relate to other saws as well.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw 2 is the oem 45mm jug with removable transfer covers. I don't think it's relevant for the rest of the test we already know how fast or slow it is and I don't even remember the timing numbers yesterday I gave the saw 2 A tree servuce friend of mine he is going to be doing some wood chipping for me good trade I think
I hope you're bringing the one that was impressive last year.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still working out kinks with the dyno it's tough to see power curves from jumpiness in the data. If its usable by then you can have at it. If not then you guys can see progress and we will keep working on it til it works!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think I've talked my way into coming, was tough with NY less than 2 weeks prior and the day before Mother's Day etc, etc ("didn't you just go to one of them?").

I will likely only be able to stay Sat morning, but I'm looking forward to it!

Any chance of getting a saw or two on the dyno, and how is that going to work???

Jason, really looking forward to seeing your saw, is it the 064 with the 288 slug??? a 24 or 28" bar would be great! I tried to run your (Dave's) 064 at the NY GTG twice (once before the popcorn, and once after), but he could not get it running either time! But I see in the video the Smittybilt guys had at it, I must have been running something else at the time!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and finally letting Al run his 460/046-D jug saw, plus meeting any new faces.

Matt, what happened to saw #2???

The chain on my 362 messed up at the NY GTG, so I'll have my first attempt at converting round file to square on it, will see how it does. Did not seem to be as much work as I thought it would be, but we will see how it cuts.

Safe journey everyone!
Couldn't get it running?

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I got a good 24" chain kevin made me if someone has a 050 bar.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, I'll be bringing an extra 36" bar with RSLH on it, and if you want I got a spare 20" ES bar that has round file on it (I can convert it before the GTG if you want). I don't have any spare 24 or 28" bars, and I run .063 in those lengths.

Yea, Dave was pulling it over OK, but it would not fire. After the second time (hours apart) he finally shrugged his shoulders and said the saw had gremlins for me!

Don't worry Al, it will be there, and it will put a smile on your face! And yes, I would love to dyno that saw!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jason, I'll be bringing an extra 36" bar with RSLH on it, and if you want I got a spare 20" ES bar that has round file on it (I can convert it before the GTG if you want). I don't have any spare 24 or 28" bars, and I run .063 in those lengths.

Yea, Dave was pulling it over OK, but it would not fire. After the second time (hours apart) he finally shrugged his shoulders and said the saw had gremlins for me!

Don't worry Al, it will be there, and it will put a smile on your face! And yes, I would love to dyno that saw!
Weird... When it ran it ran GOOD! I wonder if someone tried to choke it and flooded it?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had forgotten about this.
It ran great earlier and a bunch of guys ran it, I don't even know who all had a turn :)
When Mike asked to fire it up the control lever seemed wonky and the trigger too, so I took the carb base apart and found a packing peanut wedged into the choke linkage and fished al the little crushed bit out of there and put it back together.
I fired it right up three times in a row and it was all good. A little later mike and I tried to start it for him to run and it just wouldn't fire for me and I figured it was one of those things and went on with the day.
I need to go take a peak and see if everything is OK.
Dave